• TGP is giving away a Strat, Tele, and Jazzmaster. Click Here for full details.
    Click Here to upgrade your account and enter today!

Fender Cunetto Nocaster pickup question

danieljaypark

Hello,

Which currently offered pickups most closely match the pickups in Fender Cunetto Nocasters? I have a set, and I would like to put a similar set in my other tele. Thanks.

1radicalron

The Fender Custom Shop Nocaster Set is pretty much the same design that Fender used in the original Cunetto's.

buddastrat

yep, what they said. And also the Cunetto era guitars have a real nice playability to them. The radius is said to be a bit odd, and close to 9" even. Action is real nice and doesn't choke out as quick as a typical vintage board. With the wire they used, it was a real sweet, woody tone with nice play.

Add killer look to it, and that's why those things have consistently went for crazy money. Wish I kept one of mine...

smiert spionam

Silver Supporting Member
The ~10k Nocaster pickup from the late '90s was wound with 43 gauge wire, which is not a big difference in output from the post-2000 7.5k/42g revision. I've owned several, and have had one in my '68 tele for 10+ years. It's got a crispy mid-range bite, but does not sound or feel like a typical overwound pickup.

I think Don Mare has a set that should match those specs. He calls it the 0038. I've never tried them, but have heard good reviews many times.

http://www.buckcannon.com/telesetsbridges.html

jayn

I had an early '95 Nocaster. The bridge pickup measured around 7.5K. I believe the current set closest to the original p'ups in mine is the Twisted Tele neck/Broadcaster bridge.

Trending Topics