Fender Custom Shop + AxeFX = Match made in Heaven!

Discussion in 'Gear Demo Videos & Sound Clips Archive' started by Gasp100, Dec 25, 2009.

1. Gasp100

Gasp100 Silver Supporting Member

This is my tone... this strat is THE strat for me... I was considering a trade down into something less pretty + cash, but I've decided it doesn't get any better than this in terms of tone, feel, quality for me. I'm not solely a strat guy, but I have found a guitar that works perfectly with the AxeFX... just a perfect compliment. I'm 4 deep into my Belgian six pack sampler, so forgive the clams :)

http://soundclick.com/share?songid=8525937 (48Khz)
    http://soundclick.com/share?songid=8525939 (41Khz)

Now all I need is a Tele that matches this quality!

:banana

PS: The AxeFX is the ****!!!

(here's the git):

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 26, 2009
  2. Mayo5

Mayo5 Supporting Member

Both the AxeFx and the strat sound killer. Any information or pictures about the guitar and patch settings you used for the first part of the clip?

3. Gasp100

Gasp100 Silver Supporting Member

Thanks! The first part of the clip is just my Blackface patch and engaging "pedals" within the signal chain. I think I had a little slapback on all of the time (mono delay), then engaged the RAT pedal for overdrive.
    The cab is from the Red Wirez, it's the Tweed-P12R-SM7-5" from the cap but you could use a stock cab as well, probably the 2x12 Blackface.
    The amp is the Blackface model with very standard settings (nothing in the advanced section) and some medium room verb. If I was gigging I would probably just use this patch, maybe add another drive for leads or to stack on top/boost. I also have the JTM45 later on down the clip which is setup the same way so that could be used for a live situation as well.

Drive= 5, Bass = 5, Mid = 6, Treb = 6, (Bright and Boost = off)
    Presence = -3, Depth = 3, Damp = 5.75, Sag = 4.25 (MV = 6.25, Level =0)

4. MetalGuitard

MetalGuitard Member

Sounds great indeed. Belgian beer goes great with guitar. Ha!:roll:drink

5. Galo

Galo Supporting Member

Great match my man!!!!