Fender Custom Shop Robert Cray Anyone?

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by gapple88, Feb 14, 2006.

1. gapple88

gapple88 Member

Wonder anyone tried the above before? I like the gold (dun ask me why) bling bling :RoCkIn

2. Major9

Major9 Member

I have an early one ..1990 made by Fred Stuart with a nitro Inca Silver body and a brazilian board w/ tinted maple neck. It has been my favorite Strat. The neckshape was supposed to be designed as a combo of two old strats that RC owned. My neck is 50's chunky in the higher register and slim 60's near the nut. Also the frist batch was brazilian which was about the same time as the SRV's got braziliian. I think they have changed quite a bit these days. I've seen many glossy figured necks through the late '90's. And I'm sure they went to a poly finish along with the gold hardware. Here's a shot of my board:

[​IMG]

3. AJ Love

AJ Love Senior Member

Alot of them are really nice... gotta play a few of them to find the great players. Fenders QC is all over the map, imho

4. daddyo

daddyo Guest

These are the Custon Shop Crays and I believe they are all very well made guitars. Even the MIMs are usually good. These Crays are way underpriced. I've seen them go for $1,200 CDN which is $1000 US. They go for around $1200 US on eBay.

5. RickC

RickC Gold Supporting Member

played one a long time ago, when they were first introduced. One of my favorite Custom Shop Strats, ever. The pickups sounded particularly good; clear and full.

/rick

6. Rich

Rich Member

Great guitars. Between the pups and the hardtail, they offer a fairly unique tone in the Strat lineup. And the neck is great too for folks who like a flatter radius.

Keep your eye on ebay. They're expensive new, but you can get a good deal on a used one.

7. gapple88

gapple88 Member

too late, bot the sunburst robert cray strat tdy.....:jo

8. Rich

Rich Member

Cool. Enjoy it.

9. daddyo

daddyo Guest

You are going to enjoy that guitar :dude :RoCkIn :dude :BluesBros

10. gapple88

gapple88 Member

tks, trying to get it setup by a luthier...

:RoCkIn