Fender Custom Shop Strat with Bullet Truss Rod

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by motorcitychick, Jul 7, 2008.

1. motorcitychick

motorcitychick Member

I just saw one of these Strats at the summer Namm show and I would love to get one, but I haven't been able to locate a dealer or any information on them. The one I saw at Namm was a 3 tone burst, rosewood neck, reliced.

2. Redbell

Redbell Member

3. RJM/rydog2223

RJM/rydog2223 Member

I've never heard of such a beast?? Are they doing a 70' style now as well??

4. bluesjuke

bluesjuke Disrespected Elder

Is it a three bolt neck too?

I guess this was inevitable as time has passed.

5. motorcitychick

motorcitychick Member

I have the limited edition 69 Strat in vintage white. This is the new edition 70's model with the bullet truss rod and I think it is a 3 bolt neck. I didn't get a real close look at it at Namm because of all the sales reps giving their line of bull to the dealers. So many rude people that go to Namm.

6. yngwie308

yngwie308 Member

The Custom Shop '69's are as far as I have seen all 4 bolt necks, but no bullet truss rod. The Robin Trower is a 4 bolt with bullet truss rod, as are the 2007 and up YJM's. But I haven't seen any '69's with the bullet.
    Actually my dream Custom Shop would be a 4 bolt bullet maple neck, with the machine screw and brass neck insert mounting, ala the YJM's of '07 and up, but with 6105's and no scallops:RoCkIn
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    yngwie308

7. motorcitychick

motorcitychick Member

This is a 4 bolt late 60's with rosewood neck and bullet truss rod in 3 tone burst, black pickguard, white pickup covers, heavy relic. I saw this guitar and fell in love with it, but I am unable to find any info if it is team built or master built. I shure do not want a master built for the crazy price tag. Big deal some dude has his signature on the back of the head stock, which means nothing to me. How do I know he completely put the guitar together by hand with no help from anyone else. I go with the team built model. I have been buying a lot of custom shop Strats the past few years and I am totally happy with their products. Great craftmanship and the guitars rock!:banana

8. bluesman69

bluesman69 Member

The only CS Strat I know of that has a bullet truss is the Robin Trower Signature. The one you saw may be a one-off.
    [​IMG]