Fender Deluxe Reissue Limited Edition

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by williamwhalen, Aug 14, 2008.

1. williamwhalen

williamwhalen Member

Does anyone know if a 1993 Fender Deluxe Reverb Reissue limited edition with Blonde tolex is any better via sound quality or overall value than a normal Fender Deluxe Reverb Reissue that I could purchase for less money that was manufactured in the 2000's.

I'm just not sure if the limited edition run is worth any more and if I should pay any more for the amp. I don't know if the sound quality between this and a more current amp would be comparable.

Here's the Fender I am considering purchasing: http://www.thegearpage.net/board/showthread.php?t=426311&highlight=fender+deluxe+reverb+blonde

2. williamwhalen

williamwhalen Member

Any quick suggestions or comments are appreciated...

3. slider313

slider313 Silver Supporting Member

The only difference is the tolex. Save your money.

4. hangten

hangten Member

I don't know what the difference is, but I loves mine. bought it used mint for $600 in 2001 if I recall correctly. Many many gigs later it is ragged and dirty, but still sounds great. you are probably going to want to change the speaker. I am currently quite pleased with the celestion lead 80 in mine (suggested by Jeff Bober of Budda amps) YMMV

5. alvagoldbook

alvagoldbook Member

different tolex might boost the resale value. just some food for thought.

6. DaveG

DaveG Gold Supporting Member

The blonde DRRI's are the same as the black ones internally, only the tolex color is different. The blondes bring a slightly higher price just because there are fewer of them. The one you're looking at seems to be exceptionally clean, and I think that it's priced very fairly; I paid $700 for one last year that was that clean, but didn't have all the extra goodies (no shipping, though, as I got it from a local store). If it's not worth the extra dough to you to have a blonde one, just get a standard black one... it'll sound the same, just won't look as cool. :D

Btw, Hangten is right, either one will benefit from a speaker swap. I have an Eminence RWB in mine, and I love it.