1. The Rules have been updated regarding posting as a business on TGP. Thread with details here: Thread Here
    Dismiss Notice

Fender Deluxe Reverb II Twin Trade?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by NoBrakes, Feb 14, 2009.

1. NoBrakes

NoBrakes Member

I have a 68' Twin that I'm half heartedly looking to sell.. I have a guy who want to trad me a Deluxe Reverb II and possible a MIJ Strat(partsocaster or cash) . First tell me about Deluxe IIs...Worth considering?

2. NoBrakes

NoBrakes Member

Let me re-phrase..I'm looking for some opinions about this amps.. I have a guy who is interested in making a trade for my Twin.. I'm looking for sound, re-sale opinions etc..

3. NoBrakes

NoBrakes Member

Anymore opinons???

4. Franktone

Franktone Member

Once had a Princeton Reverb II and really liked the sound of it. The Deluxe Reverb II should be not far away in sound since it was from the same series. These amps do not seem to go for a lot of money these days ($600 - $800). I think that they were designed by Rivera. They are hand wired and may be future sleepers. I noticed that the Princeton II did not have a ton of bass and while the overdrive is decent, better overdrive can be found elsewhere. These amps are light weight and loud. I personally prefer these over the too loud and heavey Twin Reverb, but the Twin may appreciate more quickly in value over time. It's best that you try the Deluxe Reverb II out carefuly before jumping at it.

5. Franktone

Franktone Member

These Fender II series of amps never really caught on in a big way and were short lived. The cabinets are actually deeper than the classic dimensions and that was probably a response to the onslaught of the Mesa combos at the time.

6. mrmax

mrmax Member

I have DR II , but I bought it with the intention of having it tricked out, stock I really didn't care for it. As for trading the twin for that amp & possibly a guitar & cash. I wouldn't do that ...that 68 Twin will continue to appreciate $$$ But it's your call on that one . My $.02 :munch

7. vicdeluca71

vicdeluca71 Member

Up to 68' the twin was still made under blackface specs I believe.Nice amp.

8. NoBrakes

NoBrakes Member

Mine is...Only thing that needed to be switched back was the bias. I was just playing the amp again and discovered part of the reason why I'm not liking it so much.... the room! As I said I don't gig it anyore so it stays in my practice roo..really boomy.... Changed location and it is spectacular!!! This might have to stay.