• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Fender Deluxe Reverb pricing

Peteyvee

Premium Platinum Member
That dude is smoking crack. Even a super clean, all original blackface won't go for more than $22-2500 these days and that's high. If he took a grand off (assuming the trannies and circuit are totally stock and the amp works flawlessly), that would still be high, but a lot more realistic.

wyatt

You are not out of touch, it's about $1500 overpriced. I suppose it wouldn't be unusual to see a drip edge priced in the $1400 range, but I doubt it would actually sell for much more than $1250. You can still find blackface DR for $2k or less, and they are the only ones with collector status.

GA20T

$1350 over what I'd pay. It would also have to be serviced and documented and original, and possibly include an original cover at that.

Kmaz

Silver Supporting Member
Maybe he's jacked it up just to see if there was a remote Buy it Now chance. You never know, I suppose.

Tuberattler

This seems to be the trend- people who have anything Fender or older than 1980 think they have a "Rare Vintage desirable" item that they think others will give their left nut for.

We have a guy in town that has a bunch of old junk and one Magnatone amp and he wants to the moon pricing on all of it... and it really is mostly junk...

Very prevelant these days.

AlRob

I think so - at least $1000 too high. I payed $1700 for a nice condition 66 BFDR a few years ago.

Structo

Hehehe,
I remember when you just about couldn't give away any silverface Fender.

Now that the blackfaces are getting more and more scarce, the silverfaces have gone way up and are collectible now.

zztomato

A quick look at completed listings on ebay revealed a 1965 clean DR that sold for $3100. A fairly decent 68 sold for $1600.
I have a 64 that's really clean that I would not part with for under $3000.
Rock n Roll history is not a top seller at the moment but it will come back.

smolder

Platinum Supporting Member
That's not untypical of a standing BIN on ebay by a dealer. There's always some jackwagon with more money than brains that will grab ob of those at 2am when drinking. Not much different than the 'make me move' function on zillow. How bad do you want it?

Trending Topics