Fender Esquire...what's it worth?

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by DrOctagon, Jan 23, 2012.

1. DrOctagon

DrOctagon Member

So somebody's got an Esquire on CL I've had him send some pictures, it's got a MIM serial number and looks really sweet, but I just have no idea what these would be worth and can't find too much definitive information. I can post some pictures when I figure out how

2. DrOctagon

DrOctagon Member

3. Mike Duncan

Mike Duncan Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

4. mijstrat72

mijstrat72 Member

I've been watching these go for $5-600 for the last few years. If you can get it cheaper, snatch it.

5. TresGatos

TresGatos Member

Esquire? It's worth all the money in the world. But I'd offer $400 and go as high as $500 if it's nice.

[​IMG]

6. DrOctagon

DrOctagon Member

Thanks guys. I'm supposed to be getting it for $300 tomorrow. Hopefully this isn't too good to be true. Would this be referred to as the 50's Classic Series? I was having a little trouble finding exactly what model this would be.

7. coldfingaz

coldfingaz Member

It's probably this model & $300 is a screaming deal even if it needs a little work.

8. supa-fuzz

supa-fuzz Member

That flame neck is to die for, what model is that?

9. DrOctagon

DrOctagon Member

Yep, that looks like it. Alnico pup too nice. AND it's coming with a hardshell case. He's supposed to be on his way here right now so I'll let you guys know how it turns out.

10. geekocaster

geekocaster Supporting Member

I had one I couldn't give away. (Not saying it's not a great guitar, just not great resale) Probably fair is right at 400.

11. DrOctagon

DrOctagon Member

I didn't even want it at first. It was listed as Telecaster then I saw it only had one pickup I'm like yeah I'll pass. Then I looked it up and found out it was ash and sells for $700 new

12. geekocaster

geekocaster Supporting Member

yupp it's ash all right, it's a BRIGHT Tele, that's for sure. be careful with that finish though, it's the brittle poly finish, mine cracked from a microphone hitting it, and a huge piece fell off like an air bubble was under the finish.

it's a standard tele rout under the pickguard, and easy to convert. I added a neck pickup to mine and it sounded good

13. DrOctagon

DrOctagon Member

I got it. $300 with a nice hardshell case. It needs a new nut as I'm getting some buzz maybe a setup but other than that it's great. Feels great, looks great I opened it up and was surprised and happy to see it was routed for a neck p/u I think I might do that as well.

14. keefsdad

keefsdad Member

Good deal, I'd say!