Fender Esquire...what's it worth?

DrOctagon

So somebody's got an Esquire on CL I've had him send some pictures, it's got a MIM serial number and looks really sweet, but I just have no idea what these would be worth and can't find too much definitive information. I can post some pictures when I figure out how

mijstrat72

I've been watching these go for $5-600 for the last few years. If you can get it cheaper, snatch it.

TresGatos

Esquire? It's worth all the money in the world. But I'd offer $400 and go as high as $500 if it's nice.

DrOctagon

Thanks guys. I'm supposed to be getting it for $300 tomorrow. Hopefully this isn't too good to be true. Would this be referred to as the 50's Classic Series? I was having a little trouble finding exactly what model this would be.

DrOctagon

It's probably this model & $300 is a screaming deal even if it needs a little work.
Yep, that looks like it. Alnico pup too nice. AND it's coming with a hardshell case. He's supposed to be on his way here right now so I'll let you guys know how it turns out.

geekocaster

I had one I couldn't give away. (Not saying it's not a great guitar, just not great resale) Probably fair is right at 400.

DrOctagon

I didn't even want it at first. It was listed as Telecaster then I saw it only had one pickup I'm like yeah I'll pass. Then I looked it up and found out it was ash and sells for $700 new

geekocaster

yupp it's ash all right, it's a BRIGHT Tele, that's for sure. be careful with that finish though, it's the brittle poly finish, mine cracked from a microphone hitting it, and a huge piece fell off like an air bubble was under the finish.

it's a standard tele rout under the pickguard, and easy to convert. I added a neck pickup to mine and it sounded good

DrOctagon

I got it. $300 with a nice hardshell case. It needs a new nut as I'm getting some buzz maybe a setup but other than that it's great. Feels great, looks great I opened it up and was surprised and happy to see it was routed for a neck p/u I think I might do that as well.

keefsdad

I got it. $300 with a nice hardshell case. It needs a new nut as I'm getting some buzz maybe a setup but other than that it's great. Feels great, looks great I opened it up and was surprised and happy to see it was routed for a neck p/u I think I might do that as well.
Good deal, I'd say!

Trending Topics