• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Fender Headstock History...

Jven

Silver Supporting Member
What's ur favorite Strat headstock??
For some odd reason I LOVE the rareness of the 82' Smith era style...

cbpickin

Tweed Supporting Member
Gold Supporting Member
I like the '61 and '54 the best. They just look the most "right" to me. The others look like distorted versions of what I think of as the classic Fender Strat headstock.

joeybsyc

I dig the early 65 with the "transitional" Fender logo and the small headstock, but I also dig the late 65/66's with the fat headstock and Kluson tuners. They're all cool though, Strats are the coolest guitars ever.

hotmod

If i have to pick one it's the '54 hands down.
Otherwise i can live with the '61 too,followed by the '65.

Richard70sfan

I love the CBS headstock. I first noticed strats in the mid 70s. I built a strat and that is the headstock I chose. Afterwhile I noticed older strats had a smaller headstock. They seemed unusual to me. Over time I liked them too.

nelamvr6

I like every headstock before '69, and after they ditched the big headstock. I can't stand the big headstock with the CBS Era logo.

I think the current headstock and logos are beautiful. I dig the Corona, California logos.

twotone

1983. That's what's on my MIM Standard Strats, but without the easy glider string trees. I also have one with the 1961 style headstock.

Trending Topics