1. The Rules have been updated regarding posting as a business on TGP. Thread with details here: Thread Here
    Dismiss Notice

Fender Jaguar HH Electric Guitar

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by bilbal, Feb 14, 2009.

1. bilbal

bilbal Member

Does anyone here own one of these guitars? I just found a sick price on one from a mail order catalog and I was wondering what they are like. It says it's a US made Fender (Corona, Cailifornia I believe). I'm not buying anything at the moment because I have another expenditure I need to pay off. But, I'm trying to do some research so that when the time comes and I can afford another guitar, I will have already made my decision.

I think this guitar is insanely cool. I really dig the soundclips and YouTube videos I have been able to find. This will get me into a Fender all the while not having to worry about single coils. I would appreciate any input, please.

[​IMG]

Thanks guys,
    Bill

Last edited: Feb 14, 2009
  2. 8Painting

8Painting Member

Theyre CIJ.

If you dig them, get one.

The a lot of people can't handle the 24" neck though.

3. Rattle&Hum

Rattle&Hum Supporting Member

24" scale make's strings way too slinky for me... The neck profile feels great, but I'd like to try one with heavy gauge strings (.012 or higher).

4. bilbal

bilbal Member

I played a Jaguar exactly like the one pictured this afternoon. I will start by saying it was very well built, balanced, and comfortable. I dug the neck pup a lot. The switching and circuit (lead, rhythm) thing is confusing. My self, two friends, and two GC workers (whom were very cool) could not get the bridge pup working. We finally all agreed that it was broken. That said, none of us knew what the heck we were doing so it could very well have been us that didn't work. I loved the neck, the finish was flawless, and the chrome/black appointments were very cool looking. I would buy this guitar in a second - seriously. Had I didn't have other pieces I am in the process of paying off, I would have walked out with it - considering the bridge pup was working. It is on my short list of future purchases.

This afternoon's trip was to try out some of the guitars I have been asking questions about here lately. In no particular order, LP Traditional, (new) LP Standard, Jazzmaster, Jaguar, E.J. Strat, '57 Reissue Strat, American Standard Strat, and Road Worn 50s Strat...

They didn't have the E.J. '57, or a Jazzmaster in stock so there will be no mention of them. The American Strat had the worst setup I have ever seen, completely crappy frets that are in desperate need of serious attention. I thought I was going to rip my fingers apart playing it so I hung it back up and didn't look at it again. I doubt I ever will honestly. There were sooooo many things wrong with that poor guitar. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVED, the Road Worn 50's Strat. I really don't have an opinion about relics - until now that is!!!! This guitar was killer. The next felt like something I have been playing for years (familiar) the 2nd and 4th positions were stunning. I spent most of my time between the two settings and working the volume. Oops I guess I should mention I was using a Supersonic combo to demo the guitars. The amp was pretty cool on it's own too. The cleans I was getting from the Road Worn into channel 1 of the Supersonic were sweet. Big, Fat, thick, creamy tones. The saturated tones were equally as cool. Like I mentioned 2nd and 4th position were great for the cleans while the full bridge and neck positions for the gain tones were inspiring. I wish I had more time to spend futzing around but there was a 5 year old molesting a Dean and Shredder Sam doing something to another Dean. Oh well...

The Les Pauls were exceptional. The standard with it's new appointments was cool but the weight relief just felt weird. Weirder even then my Faded Standard felt when it first arrived. The balance just wasn't right. Sitting with it on my knee helped but it still felt strange. The Neutrik (sp?) input jack was odd but kind cool. I liked that change/upgrade.

The Traditional LP knock me out. I loved everything about it from the first moment with it. The weight was perfect. Not light but not too, too heavy either. It just felt right. The finish was extraordinary, and it just felt solid. The tones that immediately jumped out of it were stunning. From the cleanest clean to a big biting roar. I loved it!!! As much as I loved the Jaguar, [the Traditional] was the clear winner today. That choice was easily made for me. I prefer the Traditional to the (new) Standard by leaps and bounds - no question!!!!

More later as I let it absorb a bit and things come to me.

b

5. Targ

Targ Member

Last edited: Jun 29, 2009