Fender japan ST62-95 DMC ?

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by 52ftbuddha, Aug 31, 2006.

1. 52ftbuddha

52ftbuddha Member

Well after much trolling I think this is the ticket. Does anyone here have one? It appears to be a Lacquer finished Cij strat with all the good parts. Also where to shop for those that have use Ishibashi or others what do you recomend. Thanks
    Rob

2. MikeP

MikeP Member

3. 56_Special

56_Special Member

4. 52ftbuddha

52ftbuddha Member

Well after speaking to Ishibashi via email the total comes to approx $830 with no hard case. Now I trying to see if this makes sense. It is Nitro apparently but the frets are vintage which has me thinking small and the demarzio's I know nothing about. I am a little concerned that if I bore of it to turn it over in the US will mean a loss finacially.
    Rob

5. 52ftbuddha

52ftbuddha Member

It can be found on the Fender JP site and the Ikebe site. It is a limited production item that Ishibashi does not list on the web site. Sure wish I could find someone who has bought one.

Rob

6. MikeP

MikeP Member

What was it that attracted you to this guitar in the first place? Was it just the Nitro finish?
    Because yes it does have the smaller frets & also the 7.25" radius.
    If it is what your looking for then great but.....

7. EunosFD

EunosFD Member

As far as ordering a model that isn't on Ishibashi's site it should be no problem as long as you give them the model number. Then again if it's a special model that Fender Japan only makes for Ikebe then you may have no choice but to go through Ikebe, but that's not necessarily a bad thing. As far as I can tell the model is just an upgraded standard model (with th DiMarzio pickups and such) so it probably won't be too hard to find someone to sell/ship it. Ikebe will sell/ship to the us, but they only accept payment via bank transfer so you'll get dinged with, most likely, 2 separate fees for the transfer: one from your bank and one from theirs. Granted, this may have changed since I last contacted them early this year and they may now accept credit cards so it might be worth contacting them anyway.

8. Erico

Erico Member

I've got one on order from Ishibashi now, they have it in stock albeit it's not listed on their website.
    On a side note, the model name is now ST62-105DMC and it has seen a price hike of 5%. If there still are ST62-95DMC's on Ikebe's website, they're probably just blowing out the remaining stock.
    I'll be back with a review of the axe when I get it!