Fender Japan

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by Soundhound, Jan 23, 2006.

1. Soundhound

Soundhound Member

I've been looking at some of the Fender Japan guitars on the Ishibashi (sp?) site. Does anyone know how to find out what the specs of the various models are (neck radius, nut width, neck shape etc etc) thanks.

2. Reverend Voodoo

Reverend Voodoo Member

3. Soundhound

Soundhound Member

4. Reverend Voodoo

Reverend Voodoo Member

Outstanding!

Glad I could help.

5. mustangman

mustangman Member

i know some people who ordered from there they got there guitars fine, its just a weird ordering process with the money wire and stuff.

6. Soundhound

Soundhound Member

How did they like the guitars? Did they think the quality was worth the extra shipping cost?

7. pbradt

pbradt Senior Member

The quality is Custom Shop on the top of the line models. I got a Tele and a Strat form Ishibashi, and they're the finest examples of each model I've ever played.

Only caveat: if you DON'T like VINTAGE specs, you won't like these guitars. They are dead-on Vintage Reissues (unlike the USA models) and if you don't like skinny frets and 7.25" fretboards, you won't like these guitars.

8. EunosFD

EunosFD Member

I just ordered a guitar from Ishibashi last week which should be here by the end of this week I imagine (they're supposed to get it Tuesday then ships to me). It's taking longer in my case as they had to order the guitar from ESP (Edwards LP), but typically it seems most people get their guitars shipped to them in 2-4 days. I have yet to read anything about problems in shipping either (damage). I did my share of research on it before making the decision to order. As far as paying goes they do take most major credit cards as well which is what I did and it went through just fine, but they also take a bank transfer which there's a fee for (3000 Yen I think). They're super helpful & communication with them was very easy & reassuring. Hell, the English-speaking contacts there have a better grasp of the language than a lot of folks I encounter here in the US. :D Just my $.02

9. edwinhong

edwinhong Member

See Guitar is about $500.00 US Dollars + Shipping about $250.00 = about $800.00 US Dollars I think it is better find used one from EBAY or by US made Fender I think the pick up they use is not real USA pick up becuase looks same but when you play just don't sound right but I like the neck

10. Soundhound

Soundhound Member

All the models are vintage style? I like big frets and 9.5 or 12 inches neck radius...

11. Unburst

Unburst Member

I love my CIJ Tele, of the three Teles I have had (US '52RI, CS Nocaster) it is my favourite.

12. littlejohn

littlejohn Member

It may be the week dollar, or maybe the prices are just creeping up as Japanese wages increase, etc, but as I look on Ebay and Japan Retailer's web pages, by the time you add shipping($100) to get the guitar to the states, seems like you might as well buy USA? What are others thoughts, I'm looking mostly at Teles of course.

13. Nananine

Nananine Member

Japanese prices are creeping up, but the yen is very weak right now. One US$ is equal to 108 JPY right now. Check xe.com. It kinda evens out.

14. Mike9

Mike9 Supporting Member

The MIJ stuff is so good - I buy MIJ bodies for builds every chance I get. The contours are so deep and sexy - they are a dream to play.

15. Grenville

Grenville Member

The Japanese instruments often use US pickups for mid to high level models.
    The specs on the websites will indicate.