Fender Jazzmaster - any thoughts?

supar6

I'm not at all opposed to putting heavier gauge strings on it but just thought the buzz stop was the standard for owning a Jazzmaster... I'll be happy if I don't have to use it. My standard is Nickel Rocker 11's which I generally use on almost everything I play. I'll go ahead and string her up tonight and let you know what I think.

Great pic BTW wilerty! Hopefully you still have her along with the gear in front of you!

DANOCASTER

Silver Supporting Member
I bought and "aged" a buzzstop for my latest JM Build but never installed it and dont seem to need it ( properly set-up w/ .011s )

304396921.jpg

EunosFD

Here is a pic I've got of my 62RI Jazzmaster with a buzz stop on it (along with a few of my other guitars) . This definitely solved the problem for me of strings popping out - I also felt it improved the tone of the guitar! Congrats on the Jazzmaster purchase. I think they are a very underrated guitar.

6.jpg

Not to jump OT too far, but what's the story with the guitar at the bottom. I'm guessing it's the "RAD" guitar listed in your sig, but I can't find any info on 'em. Looks sweet nonetheless.

Oh, and to keep it on topic...very nice JM too of course. :AOK

alanbass1

I agree on setting it up with a set of .011's, and perhaps some (more) shims under the neck to help raise the bridge and increase the break angle behind the bridge. My '61 plays and sounds just fine without the buzzstop:

Body.jpg

The Pup

No Complexity Without Value
...thanks, that's what can happen when you're both the store manager and instrument repairman and business is s-l-o-w (ha,ha).

...it's a 1968 Telecaster with added 1971 Fender/Seth Lover "widerange" Humbucker and Fender Jazzmaster tremolo unit (which started out as 'addon' Fender/Bigsby tremolo unit).

...I'd owned two Jazzmasters earlier ('65 and '67) and liked the tremolo unit better than the Bigsby unit.

:BEER

Trending Topics

Top Bottom