Fender Jimmie Vaughan Strat 700 dollars a good deal for a new one

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by lespaultazz, Dec 6, 2016.

1. lespaultazz

lespaultazz Member

Hey all is 700 bucks a good deal on a brand new Jv strat musicans friend has them for 849 but they have a coupon for 17 percent off so its loke 700 dollars new should i go for it i realy want a realy strat

2. guitarlifestyle

guitarlifestyle I like guitars. Silver Supporting Member

That's a good deal on a new one, but you can find used ones between $400 and $500 pretty easily. I used to have one, and they are nice guitars at the used prices, but at the price you quoted I'd save a little more and look around for a used American Standard, which you can usually find between $750 and $900. I've owned both, and the American Standard was better in just about every way.

David Garner likes this.
  3. JGD5150

JGD5150 Member

I prefer vintage spec, so I'd definitely take a JV over an American Standard. The JV has the American Vintage bridge, vintage tuners, and the awesome Tex-Mex pickups. Make sure you are OK with a V neck.

David Garner likes this.
  4. guitarlifestyle

guitarlifestyle I like guitars. Silver Supporting Member

I will say that I thought the JV was a fine guitar. I did like the pickups just fine and thought it played very nicely. I thought the V neck was very subtle on the JV and very comfortable with the 9.5" radius and medium-jumbo frets.

5. Lionel Hutz

Lionel Hutz Member

If you login and add it in your cart you can get it for 20% off ($680 shipped) at MF.

lespaultazz and Boris Bubbanov like this.
  6. Boris Bubbanov

Boris Bubbanov Member

Not like the old days but yeah, a pretty good price on a guitar that's IMO excellent value.

Way better tuning machines than the American Standard, a trem I prefer (just like the ones on the AV and FCS guitars) and a much much better neck shape/girth. The downside is superficial and that is, the shaping of the body is undercooked and if you're put off by lack of the very finest materials in that body, it might not be your first choice. All the best features selected from the list of things on Vintage and Modern Strats. Happy to have a guitar without a Tilt function and don't really like anything about the dual action style invasive truss rod designs.

7. lespaultazz

lespaultazz Member

680 shiped now thats better it has one truss rod right?? They ship the strat in 2 boxs right

Last edited: Dec 6, 2016