Fender "large C" neck

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by Stephen0351, May 7, 2016.

1. Stephen0351

Stephen0351 Supporting Member

Im getting a Danocaster guitar built soon ( Im on waiting list) and I want a beefier neck on it. I went to Guitar Center and checked out some Fender necks, I tried one out that had a "large C" neck that was a little too beefy for me. The GC employee I was talking to did not know what sixe a large C was as far as .86, .90 ect. Does anyone know what size a large C neck is so I can know what size to order from Danocaster? If a large C is say a .90 then I want to go a bit smaller than that.
    I think the standard size neck from Dano is a .86, is that a beefier neck than a standard thin neck? The guitar I have now has a standard thin neck but I want to go a bit thicker, I have xl hands, not fat, normal but xl length. Thanks all.

2. /13guitarman

/13guitarman Member

.86 and.9 are on the thin size to me. I would think a large c would be above .950 A medium would be like .920 or so.

But i'm just a regular guy and not a tech. So don't take it as gospel

3. HayekFan

HayekFan Member

4. majorminor

majorminor Silver Supporting Member

Go to Wildwood Guitars website and browse the custom shop Fenders. They list the neck profiles and neck thickness.

5. theon

theon Member

Fender says .894-.970
    Why not play a few more strat necks&take down the model then pass the info on to your builder?

6. markflo

markflo Member

Large C would be my Richie Kotzen Tele - makes my EJ Strat neck feel so small. Hehe.

7. dmentzer

dmentzer Supporting Member

Willcutt's has Strats with large "C" necks listed at .860 to .950.