Fender Masterbuilt / Custom Shop

tradarama

www.PRIMEGUITARS.com
Silver Supporting Member
What are the coolest "fan favorite" models? Never messed with them but some look cool. Just too many to sift through. What are the ones to look for?

pickaguitar

2011 TGP Silver Medalist
Gold Supporting Member
I'm patiently saving for a Wildwood 10 60's style.
More will be delivered to wildwood guitars in 4-6 months.
They are similar to masterbuilts IMO but a little cheaper.

pass it

I think the 1954 50th Anniversary Masterbuilt Strats are really well done. They used really nice wood for the body and necks and it is shown off nicely with the two color sunburst finishes. They are unique since all the parts are the exact specs from 1954. This means bakelite parts, thicker pickguard, the pickup covers are rounded and deeper. The pickups are fantastic. The magnets are unique to that year and their dimension in terms of height is taller than standard fender single coils. The saddles are stamped pat. pending, the serial number is on the the plastic trem cover, etc. It's the only masterbuilt I've tried but it was head and shoulders above any of the other custom shop guitars I've played. I would guess the other Masterbuilt relics would be nice but not necessarily all that unusual since the parts are mostly from the same stock as the team built guitars. Unfortunately, I've seen a lot of these 54's parted out on eBay.

markom89

+1 on the Wildwood 10 60's strat... I've got one in faded sonic blue, and dig it ALOT. I'm working with Steve M. (of Wildwood fame- great guy) on my second Wildwood guitar. It's gonna' be fully customized, to my specs, and a tele this time around. I can't wait.

cg

Gold Supporting Member
I think the 1954 50th Anniversary Masterbuilt Strats are really well done. They used really nice wood for the body and necks and it is shown off nicely with the two color sunburst finishes. They are unique since all the parts are the exact specs from 1954. This means bakelite parts, thicker pickguard, the pickup covers are rounded and deeper. The pickups are fantastic. The magnets are unique to that year and their dimension in terms of height is taller than standard fender single coils. The saddles are stamped pat. pending, the serial number is on the the plastic trem cover, etc. It's the only masterbuilt I've tried but it was head and shoulders above any of the other custom shop guitars I've played. I would guess the other Masterbuilt relics would be nice but not necessarily all that unusual since the parts are mostly from the same stock as the team built guitars. Unfortunately, I've seen a lot of these 54's parted out on eBay.
The 54 Masterbuilt I saw at Willie's was the best looking Strat I've ever seen. It was absolutely striking.

Trending Topics