Fender Meteora Neck Swap

Which neck do you prefer?

• Prefer Maple

Votes: 24 57.1%
  • Prefer Pau Ferro

Votes: 18 42.9%

• Total voters

CanuckChris

Maple or ebony/dark rosewood fretboard. The Pau Ferro is just too light.

I've seen this done on another Meteora, but a neck swap for a Fender Subsonic (27" baritone) looks perfect with the Meteora body.

ChampReverb

Gold Supporting Member
When I was a kid my first Matchbox car was a Silhouette in Lime Green, when you scroll down you will
immediately recognize why this is important.
View attachment 583831

The other day I see a new Fender Guitar called a Meteora, suddenly I'm gassing for a guitar from the depths of my subconscious... but why?
View attachment 583832

OK, it's pretty obvious why, but I can't get past the fact that the lime green flake body seems to come with the Pau Ferro neck.

What I want vs. what they offer:
View attachment 583833 View attachment 583832

Which do you prefer?

The dark neck!

Mike Duncan

Staff member
I understand diggin’ that green!
BFE66E0F-FCA4-481A-89A8-765EEC9B7939.jpeg

gigsup

OMG! That reminds me of my first drop bar bicycle, a 70's Schwinn Varsity! That brings back memories...

Love the color of the Meteora too.
My first 10 speed, too. It was green like the Schwinn Stingray Apple Crate bike.

I found this one from 1969, a Schwinn Pea Picker, with shocks, a speedometer, 5 speed gear shifter, and a front headlight.
The green Meteora is mining my memory banks, haven't even started on green muscle cars!

Screen Shot 2022-05-02 at 11.32.02 PM.png
Screen Shot 2022-05-02 at 11.52.57 PM.png

Screen Shot 2022-05-02 at 11.56.01 PM.png

ChampReverb

Gold Supporting Member
My first 10 speed, too. It was green like the Schwinn Stingray Apple Crate bike.

I found this one from 1969, a Schwinn Pea Picker, with shocks, a speedometer, 5 speed gear shifter, and a front headlight.
The green Meteora is mining my memory banks, haven't even started on green muscle cars!

View attachment 585933

That Schwinn shifter is a memorial to all those young boys whose voices never changed.

One jump too far.

-bEn r.

Redrum

View attachment 585933 View attachment 585943

View attachment 585947
Small world, that Pea Picker was actually my very first bike! Brings back memories of bell bottom corduroy pants, Hang Ten shirts and long bike adventures with my childhood friends. That was back in the day when our parents never worried about where we were going and only told us "be back by dinner". Ahh the good ol' days!

Now I'm unexplainably interested in a green Meteora.......

GoobyPls

Maple.

But I want a maple-necked Meteora in Belair Blue (only come in PF) so damn bad that I’m thinking of getting one and another color with maple, swapping necks, and hoping I can sell the other one for enough to make it worth it. Risky, but I’m still considering it…
I want either the silver burst one with a Pao Ferro neck, or Belair Blue with a maple neck. As it is, the necks on these seem backward.

Let me know if you decide to do this, I might be interested in buying the other one from you.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom