• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

Fender Mustang Amp Questions

tomcor33

I am thinking about getting a Mustang II. Is there 24 different presets that you can save to the amp? Or does it just save 3 presets per amp type? For example, Can I save 24 different presets from the Fuse program with only one amp type with different effect settings and combinations of effects?

When you save a preset using just the amp, does it store effect and amp type? Or are the indicator lights just showing which preset is selected?

Also is the headphone / line out jack stereo? When I plug in an Ipod to aux input will the guitar sound and the mp3 sound both be in stereo?

How is the usb recording latency? Doe it record the amp & effect output as selected on the amp?

Thanks for any help.

Maruuk

Yes, 16 of any flavor can be saved into the green and red banks on the amp itself, and the amber bank 8 saved only from FUSE. Any preset can be anything you want.

All presets you save include full tone and EFX/speaker emulation data.

Headphone is stereo. MP3 line input is also stereo. Stereo image is maintained throughout, excepting the amp speaker of course.

USB records your tone exactly as you hear it, including all of the above. Plus you can add all the Guitar Rig stuff as a plug-in to your DAW. Being ASIO-based, latency is quite minimal.

bluesking55

Once u get all those tones from the computer into the amp, can u access them to play live? wha footswitch is needed

hooch1

Once u get all those tones from the computer into the amp, can u access them to play live? wha footswitch is needed
Yep. Any one button footswitch will do. Thats the one negative is that you can only save "2 channels" to be foot switchable. So you can setup your "clean" and "lead", but you have no control over your built in effects without heading to the amp. But I guess you can always swap around foot switch saves between songs. Like you can save a setting w/tremelo and one with out, save them to be foot switchable and use your volume knob for leads.

Shane Sanders

How do you set a given preset to be footswitch A, and another to be footswitch B?
Fender Mustang I & II Footswitch You can utilize the Fender one button on/off footswitch (part # 0994049000) with the Fender Mustang I & II amps to switch between two of your favorite Presets. To use the footswitch with the amp, plug it in to the FTSW jack on the top panel of the amp. Then, select the Preset that you want to assign to the footswitch. Next, press the Save button. The Save and Exit buttons will flash rapidly. (You can press the Exit button to cancel the operation at this point.) Press the footswitch button and select either the Red or Green LED next to the FTSW jack to assign it to the selected Preset. Finally, press the Save button to confirm the footswitch assignment.
http://www.fender.com/support/articles/fender-mustang-i-ii-amplifier-footswitch

The info above is worded somewhat poorly, so be sure to just watch the short video in the link just above this sentence.

Last edited:

telelion

Platinum Supporting Member
This does seem to be it's biggest flaw. All that good sound, programability that is not seemingly infinite(a plus in my book), but not enough instant access. I would probably keep one preset on the best BF clean and adjust the other according to song and then use the wheel(on board without preset pressed) for a third preset. Does that make sense and possible? Then of course switch the wheel and other preset based on need.

OutterLimits

The only thing I miss is a boost function on mine ... I have a clean sound with a bit of hair, that backs down on the volume knob to very clean, and a distorted sound that is very hot rod marshall. It would be great just to have another footswitch button for leads. But it is a great little amp, loud for its size. Much better after tweaking it with the software too.

SeeMoore

You can switch between 3 presets on the Mustang.

Set up your 2 presets and assighn them to the FS, then setup a third, what you may use to begin the song, begin with the unassighned preset, then hit the switch it will go to your green preset then another hit will take it to your red preset, giving you 3 choices.

Of course, you can't reverse the order but it's still better than just two.

Steve Hotra

Silver Supporting Member
You can switch between 3 presets on the Mustang.

Set up your 2 presets and assighn them to the FS, then setup a third, what you may use to begin the song, begin with the unassighned preset, then hit the switch it will go to your green preset then another hit will take it to your red preset, giving you 3 choices.

Of course, you can't reverse the order but it's still better than just two.
That's what I do and its works out just fine.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom