Fender Mustang Micro Headphone Amp

Elantric

Just a Anker speaker I use for playing tunes...would that work or no? Is there an adapter I can use?
Yes -those are terrible high latency
( why)
Because they employ DSP Speaker management that adds 80-125ms latency to the TRS input

Find a studio monitor, or Klipsch THX 2.1 system , or Powered PA cab

Last edited:

Matty78

Yes -those are terrible high latency
( why)
Because they employ DSP Speaker management that adds 80-125ms latency to the TRS input

Find a studio monitor, or Klipsch THX 2.1 system , or Powered PA cab
Thank you! I’ve been real frustrated. Is there a speaker you would recommend that wouldn’t break the bank?

Quad4

Just a Anker speaker I use for playing tunes...would that work or no? Is there an adapter I can use?

It's really hit or miss whether or not aux-in to a speaker will work well. Latency is a big one and so is dynamics and headroom/clipping of the live guitar signal. It's not anything that most users (outside of musicians playing live) care about.

Quad4

I've used a Sony SRS-XB20 for a while. It was OK.

Now the MiniRig-3 is my speaker for sound on the go. Very flat frequency response, great sound, can get quiet loud (40W and can get another and/or a sub). I would likely use the MiniRig instead of my Studio Monitors if I didn't already have a pair for tracking. Only gripes with it are the app used to configure it. Not cheap.

Matty78

Bummer - I was hoping for to just use what I have - I'll have to see what I can come up with. Thank you all!

Quad4

I'll have to see what I can come up with. Thank you all!

Definitely check out what your family, friends, and the local Target et. al. has laying around. It might surprise you and get you into the flow for a casual jam or practice.

Matty78

Actually found one that I had laying around. Works great and so portable and not tied to the headphones. Pretty cool! Thanks all!

Fazer30

I have an old JBL micro wireless that works well with no noticable latency.

Only issue I'm having is the tiny speaker buzzes when hitting the strings hard with distortion.

Speaker works fine when playing music.

I also have the Blackstar fly 3 and cabinet laying around collecting dust.

They're ok, but didn't have enough distortion for me when I used it as a normal amp. Then I remembered that Blackstar advertised them as computer speakers. And I plugged the mustang into the aux port.

Sounded pretty decent.

Quad4

Only issue I'm having is the tiny speaker buzzes when hitting the strings hard with distortion.

Many consumer speakers have odd resonances. Often it's the low end.

Other speakers have a hard time with the transients and dynamics from a guitar. I usually notice it more when play clean.

And then there's the crackling when you clip....

Marco.au

Although I understand why people connect generic bluetooth speakers to the Mustang Micro, I just think there are better solutions if you want small speakers (THR, Katana Air, Spark).

I see a good Mustang Micro + generic speaker is more like a happy accident rather than something to pursue.

Not trying to prescribe my views to anyone, it is just my opinion. If you want to rig your MM to small or big speakers, go for it…

Last edited:

Matty78

Although I understand why people connect generic to bluetooth speakers to the Mustang Micro, I just think there are better solutions if you want small speakers (THR, Katana Air, Spark).

I see a good Mustang Micro + generic speaker is more like a happy accident rather than something to pursue.

Not trying to prescribe my views to anyone, it is just my opinion. If you want to rig your MM to small or big speakers, go for it…
I think that hits it on the head! Happy accident. I don’t always want the cans on. Sitting on the porch with my morning coffee and alone it’s nice to play quietly and unfettered.

Have a great day all! ⚡⚡

Trending Topics

Top Bottom