Fender Noisless N3 opinions

fechart

I may score a used mint 2016 American Deluxe Fiesta Red V-Neck Strat, but I never tried one and I don't have the chance locally. What are your opinions in the Noiseless N3 pickups?

What I expect: classic strat single coil sound, glassy neck pickup, classic quack on position 2, heavenly cleans on position 4.

Does this match? Or do the N3s have a more humbucker thing going on?

Thanks!

AaeCee

Silver Supporting Member
That's a nice looking strat.

I've only tried that model once and recall it sounding all strat, but without the hum. I'm sure the vintage tone guys could pick out some nuance that's missing, but it hit all the strat tones that I'm used to hearing with a nice full voice.

Mind you, I'm not a strat fanatic (although I do have one), so I'm likely less picky than others here, but I recall liking it in any case.

fechart

That's a nice looking strat.

I've only tried that model once and recall it sounding all strat, but without the hum. I'm sure the vintage tone guys could pick out some nuance that's missing, but it hit all the strat tones that I'm used to hearing with a nice full voice.

Mind you, I'm not a strat fanatic (although I do have one), so I'm likely less picky than others here, but I recall liking it in any case.
Thanks for the input!

I can only tell you that I have the previous version with the Samarium Cobalts. They work for me - and adjusted right - get a beautiful quack in positions 2 & 5.
But - it's the V-Neck that keeps me happy - just a great feeling guitar in the hand. I've scotch brighted the back of the neck to a satin feel and I'll never part with this guitar.

lucb

Very happy by the N3 . A very good strat sound in all position without noise. Perfect for live. Don't hesitate to adjust the height.

cratz2

Silver Supporting Member
I think for folks that have six strats, all of which have Fender or aftermarket vintage flavored pickups and play through low gain amps with no pedals, the N3s will be a let down.

For folks that only have one strat with N3s that gig and play with some level of gain and a couple pedals, you can do a whole lot worse than the N3s.

Hope you enjoy the guitar. Don't look for a reason NOT to like it though. :aok

moosewayne

Silver Supporting Member
I think for folks that have six strats, all of which have Fender or aftermarket vintage flavored pickups and play through low gain amps with no pedals, the N3s will be a let down.

For folks that only have one strat with N3s that gig and play with some level of gain and a couple pedals, you can do a whole lot worse than the N3s.

Hope you enjoy the guitar. Don't look for a reason NOT to like it though. :aok
Very well stated!

daacrusher2001

Silver Supporting Member
I may score a used mint 2016 American Deluxe Fiesta Red V-Neck Strat, but I never tried one and I don't have the chance locally. What are your opinions in the Noiseless N3 pickups?

What I expect: classic strat single coil sound, glassy neck pickup, classic quack on position 2, heavenly cleans on position 4.

Does this match? Or do the N3s have a more humbucker thing going on?

Thanks!

These are great strats, and the soft V is a really nice neck. I haven't owned one, but played one a bunch of times in the shop and was close to just buying it, I just didn't need one at the time.

Admittedly, I only played it in the shop through a DRRI and a Tone King Falcon - but, I thought N3's were pretty good. I like my Lollars better but they aren't noiseless and in some environments we play in I can't really use them with pedals. Just too much hum. I had a set of Dimarzio Areas, and have a set of VV in my partscaster now - I can't really claim the Dimarzio pups are any better than the N3.

I'd say just try them for awhile. Great guitar - enjoy it!

fechart

Thanks guys! I'll give the N3s a chance, worst case, I swap them... Only thing that worries me is the response to picking dynamics. But we'll see... I'll report back!

Thanks guys! I'll give the N3s a chance, worst case, I swap them... Only thing that worries me is the response to picking dynamics. But we'll see... I'll report back!
I've had a 2016 American Deluxe V-Neck for about a year (with N3's). Absolutely love the neck....pretty much what closed me on it in the first place! N3's never quite did it for me - killed it for 90%, but always left me wanting a bit more. S-1 switching might have been the bomb if I played much funk....but not really much use today. I just pulled the trigger on a set of Fralin Vintage Hots earlier today....the N3's honeymoon is over for me. Ironically, I too bought the guitar (new) thinking it would be worth swapping out pickups if it came down to it....it just plays too fine to put down!

You're gonna like it....a lot:). Good luck!

MarvStrat13

You're gonna find your neck pickup to be very dark and boomy. Quack positions OK. The bridge position pretty good, but nothing to write home about when played clean.

Swapped 'em out the first chance i get.

Trending Topics