Fender Parallel Universe guitars leaked before NAMM

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by stonevibe, Jan 12, 2018.

1. rkharper

rkharper Member

I don't get payed by Fender, so why should I innovate something for them? I've buildt some partscasters in the past, and there are also Mashups done, but they all look at least a hundred times better than these abomination. What would I buy from Fender.... How about a new 12 Stringer, which hasn't been done in YEARS, and has been demanded for about the same time.

Sloop John B likes this.
  2. GenoVox

GenoVox Member

Yeah... they’re trying way too hard with those :rolleyes:

3. Defendant

Defendant Member

The point is: you said these guitars weren’t innovative enough. What innovative guitar are you personally playing? Parker fly? Vigier? Moog?

Da Geezer likes this.
  4. The Captain

The Captain Member

Bizarro-land more like.
    All I see is a mix and match of body parts and styles, which reminds me of school project by a slacker teenager who did nothing until the night before.
    Not a fan. Compared to teh really nice American Professional Jazzmaster (still on my shopping list) from last year, it's all butt-ugly slough.

5. Crash-VR

Crash-VR Supporting Member

Seems like the boutique guys have already done all of these.

6. ivers

ivers Member

1. The big brands create iconic guitar models that everyone wants to copy.
    2. The talented boutique builders then take these iconic designs and make hybrids, tweaks and improvements, which a certain segment of the market think is a pretty nice idea, and a sub-segment of these are willing to and able to pay big money for these offerings.
    3. The big brands learn from the boutique builders and make more affordable variants of these types of hybrid guitars, which make these kind of designs available to more people who for different reasons don't have the money to buy a boutique guitar.
    I have to say that I like this process, where big builders and small builders learn from eachother with the result of a greater variety of options available to more people.

Sure, these aren't innovative: None have fanned frets, 11 strings, USB, slot for iPhone, and a built-in coffee machine, but they look fun and inspiring IMO and offer something different than Fender's traditional strat and tele models.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2018
    macmeda, peskypesky, gerg6 and 2 others like this.
  7. kimson

kimson Member

Yeah. These are the only ones I could see becoming permanent parts of the Fender lineup: mostly well thought-out designs that cater to a specific need/crowd.

I kinda like the Meteora as well, but all that Teleness just makes it way too boring for such an unusual body shape. And I think it's horredously overpriced for what it is.

Sloop John B likes this.
  8. Carew

Carew Member

I like the Strat-Tele. It's like Leo's evolutionary 'missing link' between a Tele and a Stat. Just give it a Strat headstock, though.

The others are terrible.

9. rkharper

rkharper Member

I've got lots of unusual stuff, I'm not at home, so I have to grab some pics from my Instagram. and don't get me wrong, I love Teles and Strat and most of all classic designs, but slapping the same same ingredients on these guitars is not innovative. I for myself would love to have a NEW Fender design, I dig the Meteora, but why oh why with Teleconfiguration, and the same old Strat Neck?

forgive me, I have lots of Material, Guitars, Basses, and acoustics....I'm not gonna show you my drums and keys.....

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. guitargeek6298

guitargeek6298 Member

That's because it's terrible.

11. SynapticGroove

SynapticGroove Member

I'm sure there are going to be quite a few players that dig these and to each their own.

NamaEnsou and peskypesky like this.
  12. Defendant

Defendant Member

Yep, you couldn’t pay me to fart in the general direction of the pawnshop series and other recent Fender models. But I like nearly all of these.

SynapticGroove and peskypesky like this.
  13. Agramal

Agramal Member

I think they're very anti 7- and 8-strings for some reason. Even back in the nu-metal craze days, the best they could do was the Subsonic Strat (which I loved).

14. Chrome Dinette

Chrome Dinette Silver Supporting Member

the Tele w/ Gibson flourishes harkens back to the the Elite models from the 80s:

[​IMG]

NamaEnsou, gerg6, kimson and 2 others like this.
  15. TheoDog

TheoDog Silver Supporting Member

The Whiteguard strat is cute

Overall, it seems like they just Spin the wheel on characteristic and hodge podged some designs to call them new when actually, nothing is new.
    Kind of like a shotgun approach- throw everything out there and see what sticks. No artistic restraint.

Why is there no MIM Telecaster/Jazzmaster in the $800 price point?

16. LordByron

LordByron The Dude abides! Supporting Member

17. rkharper

rkharper Member

Wow, tell me more about this guitar, because I live behind mars and I haven't seen anything like that yet before!

Btw: it's called Starcaster, not Starfire,and there's even a bass version.

:rimshot

You also do know that this is a design from the effin seventies. And Fender hasn't got any interest to design something completely new TODAY as they did 40 to 60 years ago.

[​IMG]

HERSCHEL, Hawking and Chrome Dinette like this.
  18. Squints17

Squints17 Supporting Member

needs a strat headstock

19. 2HBStrat

2HBStrat Member

What if Fender is actually designing new products based on customer requests? For example, I think there would be considerable interest in a Tele in a Strat body......

Da Geezer and LordByron like this.
  20. Whiskeyrebel

Whiskeyrebel Member

It's almost exactly the opposite of a Carvin TLB60
    [​IMG]
    That's funny. I have another mismatched pair of socks just like this at home.