Fender Patch Cables + Pedaltrain Novo 32

Zoo Bahnhof

Hi,

I'm going to be putting my first pedalboard together this weekend...

I've got my pedals; my Pedaltrain; new Velcro-branded heavy-duty velcro and 8 new Fender patch cables...
... and I am worried about the latter!

I haven't really started putting it all together yet, but I've had a play around; positioning pedals on the bare board; looking at the spacing of pedals and such like, but these Fender patch cables don't seem particularly malleable.

Is there a knack to hiding the patch cable under the bars?

C-4

If you are using the short Fender patch cables with the thick cable, it is just patience and trial and error to get them where you want them to go.

I have a couple on a board I've been using for about 2 years now and if they don't do or go where you desire, you might have to try something else or use a different cable.

Many are finding a flat patch cable with small ends are the better way to wire up their boards.

Some are better then others and some are less expensive then others.

Look on Amazon to start for "flat patch cables" and judge for yourself.

Zoo Bahnhof

I already had some Fender patch cables and wanted to keep it all the same, so I bought more of them this week...
Now, I'm beginning to wish I had started with something like the MXR pancakes all those months ago.

Return what I can to Amazon (£26 worth of Fenders) and start again?
Then pay out £54 for 9 x MXR's?
Decisions, decisions.

Are the MXR's more malleable/flexible?

Zoo Bahnhof

I sent the Fender' s back to Amazon...

... and then later that very same day, lady luck looked down on me and I discovered Ernie Ball's new FLAT RIBBON patch cables, which look - to me - like the perfect patch cables.

Unfortunately, not available in England until late March, so the completion of my pedalboard is postponed for a month; awaiting the import of the Flat Ribbon cables.

longgonedaddy

I sent the Fender' s back to Amazon...

... and then later that very same day, lady luck looked down on me and I discovered Ernie Ball's new FLAT RIBBON patch cables, which look - to me - like the perfect patch cables.

Unfortunately, not available in England until late March, so the completion of my pedalboard is postponed for a month; awaiting the import of the Flat Ribbon cables.
EBS makes similar, and there are other cheaper copies on Amazon. You may have more luck finding them in England.

I have a combination of EBS and these on my board, and love them

reprove

Silver Supporting Member
I can attest to the greatness of EB Flat Ribbon cables. Received my set in early february and they do and go where I want them to. Really small, flat plugs as well. I’ve got more on the way as well. I don’t know how long they’ll last really but they are really nice and well made.

Trending Topics