Fender Player Plus microphonic humbucker

WFPPthesound

Does anyone else have an HSS Player Plus Stratocaster? Do you find the bridge pickup to be extremely noisy and also microphonic or did I just get lucky with mine?

I love the guitar other than that, if it’s common I guess warranty won’t do much and I should just look at replacing it with something else.

WFPPthesound

Pic of the green meanie in question

Attachments

• 836544A5-CCD2-4546-881C-FDD4F3431D09.jpeg
    836544A5-CCD2-4546-881C-FDD4F3431D09.jpeg
    193.7 KB · Views: 21

Gonkboy

Does anyone else have an HSS Player Plus Stratocaster? Do you find the bridge pickup to be extremely noisy and also microphonic or did I just get lucky with mine?

I love the guitar other than that, if it’s common I guess warranty won’t do much and I should just look at replacing it with something else.
My MIM Fender Meteora mk1 had pickup squeal. I took off the covers and it stopped.

I'm not sure if it's the same problem, but thought I'd post just in case.

Good luck.

the recluse

I have a Shawbucker Tele Deluxe and with enough volume and/or gain they'll squeal. I don't think those pickups are wax potted.

PartoftheDark

The tape on the cover thing works great. I use it for my unpotted pickups. It lets you cut the squeal while still keeping a cover and most if not all of the airy sounds you get with an unpotted pickup.

LaceSensor1

I had to swap the pickups in my HH player telecaster because they both squealed like a pig with small amounts of overdrive. Lead tones were nearly impossible.

The squeal was gone.
I put the covers back on with a little tape to stop the covers vibrating and making the squeal.
It's worth a try.
Hey there, sorry to revive an old thread, but I have a Player Plus Meteora that squeals like crazy through my 5150. I'd like to keep using it with that amp if possible.

Anyone want to walk me through where to put tape on the inside of the pickups? And how much tape? And what kind?

Thanks y'all!

PartoftheDark

Hey there, sorry to revive an old thread, but I have a Player Plus Meteora that squeals like crazy through my 5150. I'd like to keep using it with that amp if possible.

Anyone want to walk me through where to put tape on the inside of the pickups? And how much tape? And what kind?

Thanks y'all!
This is the specific method I use. It's reversible because the dap doesn't touch the pickup bobbins.

Gonkboy

Thanks y'all!
Take the pickup covers off then double check that the squeal is gone.
After that, follow the video above.

Good luck, bro.

Nope. Leave them off if you like.
So just digging around the web for info on these, I found a big post someone made on a tele forum about these pickups with graphs and GAUSS readings and all kinds of info. Apparently they're unique to this model of Meteora, and this is the first guitar Fender has put them in. And apparently they've ALREADY installed a layer of foam and adhesive between the pickup/bobbin and the cover to ensure that they don't come into contact. Crazy.

On the one hand, this is disappointing because the solution y'all have so nicely provided me with already seems to be manufactured into the guitar, which means the issue I'm having is something else entirely. On the other, I just saved myself the hassle and expense of buying a soldering iron and learning how to use it lol.

Check it out just in case, maybe I'm wrong and you see something pertinent:

Gonkboy

So just digging around the web for info on these, I found a big post someone made on a tele forum about these pickups with graphs and GAUSS readings and all kinds of info. Apparently they're unique to this model of Meteora, and this is the first guitar Fender has put them in. And apparently they've ALREADY installed a layer of foam and adhesive between the pickup/bobbin and the cover to ensure that they don't come into contact. Crazy.

On the one hand, this is disappointing because the solution y'all have so nicely provided me with already seems to be manufactured into the guitar, which means the issue I'm having is something else entirely. On the other, I just saved myself the hassle and expense of buying a soldering iron and learning how to use it lol.

Check it out just in case, maybe I'm wrong and you see something pertinent:

You need to find out if they're wax potted. Wax prevents squealing.
Maybe contact Fender.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom