• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Fender Pro Reverb (2001), V1 - V8

chessgreg

I want to understand the preamp section of my Pro Reverb.

Anyone have the mystical V-spots figured out?!?

Chnl 1, Chnl 2, drive, reverb, PI, FX loop, tremolo ????

chessgreg

I think I figured out the schematic ... after much prayer, wringing of the hands, walking the floor (just kidding) ... for anyone needing the same.

V1 = channel 1 (Vol) [12AX7]

V2 = channel 2 (Gain) [12AX7]

V3 = channel 2 (Vol) [12AX7]

V4 = Phase Inverter/Splitter [12AX7]

V5 = Reverb (recovery?) [12AX7]

V6 = Tremolo [12AX7]

V7 = Reverb (tank?) [12AT7]

V8 = Send/Return [12AX7]

AshlandBump

Had that amp (Pro Tube Pro Reverb) too from '02 - '03. Great clean tones -- drove me crazy that the tremolo would barely work on the 12 watt setting. If you do a search at FDP there was a long thread about that amp a while ago -- it's probably buried now but it had a lot of information about the amp. If you search my user name here over there in the modern Fender amps section you'll probably find it.

chessgreg

Hey mainstreetexile...

I think I'll enjoy both the clean and overdrive tones I'll get from my Pro Reverb. My new tubes should be in Monday. My power tubes will be the new Ruby 6L6GCM-STR. I, also, have the new Line 6 Spider Valve 212 which makes for a great and versatile practice amp (and external speaker cab).

Any particular reason for parting with your Pro Reverb?!?