Fender Pro Reverb

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by Nick, Jul 25, 2006.

1. Nick

Nick Member

Have any of you guys tried the "new" fender Pro Reverb (protube series)
    I tried an older version of the pro.. It was my kind of amp, the sound of a twin in a 40 w amp.. way cool.

Any thoughts regarding the pro woul be helpfull ..

Best wishes
    Nick

2. pureoldsound

pureoldsound Member

I haven't tried the new one but I do own an old one (70's) and I like it very much.....Is this a new series?

3. hasserl

hasserl Member

I have played the new Pro, from the Pro Tube series. It's a step above the Hot Rod amps IMO, but it is not like the old bf and sf Pro, not at all.

4. myles111

myles111 Member

5. myles111

myles111 Member

The clean channel is nice and very BF/SF in many ways.

The gain channel may appeal to some folks I suppose ... I do not care for it much personally.

6. hasserl

hasserl Member

Agreed, that seems to be the case with all Fender amps. Maybe some of the newer ones break that mold, but I've never appreciated Fenders attempts at making distortion channels.

7. Fifthstone

Fifthstone Member

I coulnd't find anything on Fender's site about the new Pro Reverb. I'm intrigued. How long has this been out?

8. KeithC

KeithC Silver Supporting Member

They have been out for sometime now. Musicians Friend and the others sell them and have some info on them.

My SF Pro Reverb is my favorite amp for sure.
    I thought about getting one of the new ones for a back up type amp but have moved to heads and one cab. I even put my Pro Reverb chassis in a old Fender head cab for easier geezer carrying!

9. Jeffj

Jeffj Supporting Member

I recently played a gig where the backline was provided....I requested a Pro Reverb since that is what I play (66' model). They had me a new Pro Reverb waiting when I arrived. I had never seen one in person & was not impressed. The cab is quit a bit deeper than the origional Pro Reverbs, there is an overdrive channel, plus alot of other differences. The quality of the amp just looked really cheap to me.....It had the cheesey plastic small square button (like a Hot Rod Series) to switch channels, etc. The sound was ok, at best.

10. myles111

myles111 Member

Look on the Fender site under "pro tube series" amps. It used to be there.

11. Fifthstone

Fifthstone Member

Not on MF and not on the Fender site. Only Pro Tube series amps are different from what I remember. They're listing the Supersonic and they've moved the Twin reissue over to the Pro Tube series (it used to be considered a Vintage Reissue). Looks like they might have phased out the Pro Tube Pro Reverb.

12. ES350

ES350 Member

another Fender fraud...ribbon connectors, inscrutable Oriental components, cold solder joints, plastic jacks, built like a cheap Malaysian computer and about as disposable. A pox on them all...

13. Nick

Nick Member

Thanks for the all the comments..

Pretty much what I feared :(