fender prosonic vs. supersonic

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by schmoog, Feb 1, 2012.

1. schmoog

schmoog Member

Was looking at purchasing a fender prosonic, but am thinking the supersonic 60 looks interesting as well. Anybody here have any thought/experience on these two amps?

2. joeprs

joeprs Member

I'm very pleased with my Supersonic 22 FWIW. I'm sure the 60 has more headroom. No experience with the Prosonic.

3. schmoog

schmoog Member

From the demos I've heard the super sonic souunds pretty good. Though the overdrive channel seems to be a little off to me. It comes across as a little grainy sounding, but maybe that's just the demos people have done on youtube?

4. Miles

Miles Member

Owned both. Prosonic is more a liquid high gain - very saturated. Supersonic is more geared to moderate levels of gain but can still get high gain. I liked the Prosonic more on both clean and dirty sides.

5. jmontgomery

jmontgomery Supporting Member

I really like my Supersonic 22. If I had the money id get the new supersonic twin.

6. joeprs

joeprs Member

That looks sweet! I did not know about that until I read your post.

7. 3dognate

3dognate Supporting Member

The pro sonic is a fantastic amp... I ran one for a couple of years (early custom shop model). The clean channel is out right amazing... Up there with the best. The dirty channel can get outrageous. They have their issues though... The effects loop is crude, and channel switching can make some really loud pops. There are some fixes out there for that but you have to pay a tech if you can't do that yourself... If you can live with the quirks of the prosonic there are some killer tones in there. But my vote would be for the super sonic.