• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Fender Quad Reverb head value + speaker Ohms?

LustandFury

What would you think is a fair price for a Quad Reverb head? It was taken out of a combo and placed in a cheap head box. Also what is the ohms rating on the output transformer? Lastly is it exactly the same as a Twin. I've read some review that it's even cleaner?

mj07

Gold Supporting Member
I had one of these as one of my first real amps back in high school. Heavy as fudge, I see why someone would take the head out. IMO it sounded just like a twin with more volume:NUTS I do remember getting mine to break up, no wonder my hearing is where it is. Mine had a MV on it too, I think. I think I paid 300 for the beast in the early 90's.I'd say like maybe 400ish for the head in a so so box?

AL30

Actually it's not "cleaner than a Twin"... it is a Twin. So was the Super Six (6x10"), the Dual Shoman Reverb (head) and the Vibrosonic (?) Reverb (1x15"). Different versions of that circuit were cleaner than others. It would depend on the year. The later 135Watt UL models are the cleanest.

I have a '72 Quad Reverb. Not sure what they are going for now. I picked mine up (in pretty bad shape cosmetically) for $125 a few years ago. Great amp but wow !!! is she a bruiser. I think it's a 4 ohm load.

AL

dirtyguitar

Gold Supporting Member
I had one of these as one of my first real amps back in high school. Heavy as fudge, I see why someone would take the head out. IMO it sounded just like a twin with more volume:NUTS I do remember getting mine to break up, no wonder my hearing is where it is. Mine had a MV on it too, I think. I think I paid 300 for the beast in the early 90's.I'd say like maybe 400ish for the head in a so so box?
I agree with this range, closer to 400.

Chris

hogy

The Quad Reverb is the same amp as the Twin, same 4 Ohm output transformer as well. Stock speakers are 16 Ohm each, all wired in parallel (like a Super Reverb) for 4 Ohm.

Awesome amp if it is running right, especially with a quad of Celestion speakers.

Trending Topics