Fender RCA 2 button footswitch

Discussion in 'Amps/Cabs Tech Corner: Amplifier, Cab & Speakers' started by bushmill, Jul 14, 2008.

1. bushmill

bushmill Member

I have a 73 Deluxe Reverb with the original 2 button RCA footswitch.....I am wondering where to look for another RCA footswitch that has a longer cord...Anyone know where to buy one or who makes them with longer cords??

2. GearHeadFred

GearHeadFred Member

In those amps, the reverb signal is actually present on that cable to the footswitch. I'm not sure how long you're looking to go, but it will start to effect the reverb signal quality and begin to pickup noise at longer lengths.

3. WaltC

WaltC Member

check out

www.tubesandmore.com/Switches & Footswitchboxes/Original Fender & Replica Footswitchboxes

$45 + shipping and looks like an original. Reasonable quality and works well. Switches can be replaces with actual carling ones when they break.

Worth a look...

4. TweeDLX

TweeDLX Member

If you're not concerned with having a vintage look, VooDoo Man Switches out of Vancouver, WA will make you a custom switch to your specs. He also has some reasonably priced stock numbers available on eBay.

Mike

5. JJman

JJman Member

If you only swith the trem you can use any on/off type switch and make it as long as you want. Just leave the reverb connection empty and use the knob. I use a radio shack speaker wire that has rca's on both ends to my pedal board that has an led indicator when it's engaged.