• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

Fender Road worn 50s Telecaster

kulit17

Actually, the one I mentioned earlier was actually a Red Road worn player's tele actually (not sure why i said modern) anyhu..... i got it from best buy new in a box when they had it for $500 and it got directly shipped to me from there warehouse. When i got it, the front finish was f'd up. Seems that the white material protecting it in the gig bag adhere'd to the guitar and reacted to the paint and left a square imprint from the square pocket of the gig bag. I got in contact with Fender and i went to a local authorized dealer....after a couple days going back and forth, I was told Fender was going to supply me with this one.... comparing both. this one plays so comfortably!!!

73Fender

Actually, the one I mentioned earlier was actually a Red Road worn player's tele actually (not sure why i said modern) anyhu..... i got it from best buy new in a box when they had it for $500 and it got directly shipped to me from there warehouse. When i got it, the front finish was f'd up. Seems that the white material protecting it in the gig bag adhere'd to the guitar and reacted to the paint and left a square imprint from the square pocket of the gig bag. I got in contact with Fender and i went to a local authorized dealer....after a couple days going back and forth, I was told Fender was going to supply me with this one.... comparing both. this one plays so comfortably!!!
Not the first time I have heard about this happening to Fender guitars shipped in a gig bag.

The new "less worn" RW versions are prety nice as well.

Johnny2013

Anyone else having crazy sympathetic vibrations on their RW's? My low e string goes wild unless I'm pretty careful to keep it muted. Certain passages on the upper strings just make it explode on its own. It's the most resonant electric guitar I've ever played, and sounds great, so I'm pretty sure it's related to that.

WoodenDuckMaker

I played a 59' melody maker the other day, and the nitro coating had those geometric looking cracks in the finish and it looked damn cool.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom