Fender Shred Compilation

Discussion in 'Artist Spotlight' started by Straten, Mar 23, 2015.

1. Straten

Straten Member

Here is a Fender shred compilation (for the most part) i made from just noodling videos I've done back in 2014. feel free to comment and leave feedback. Also keep in mind this is just a overall display of technique not to be taken so seriously!

Straten

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=29VsNqAp1WQ

2. speedyone

speedyone Supporting Member

Excellent work Straten!

I too love Yngwie.

The counter point technique was something I never got comfortable with, and you do it (along with the other goodies) wonderfully!

I'd love to hear how you may have incorporated those techniques into your original stuff.

Well done.

:)

3. Straten

Straten Member

Thanks man i really appreciate it! i am actually working on a solo album currently because I'm having trouble finding a good group of musicians with good chemistry together. thanks again dude

4. speedyone

speedyone Supporting Member

Have you played a scalloped fretboard before? It feels great, and really makes certain techniques effortless. I have done three of my own fretboards, on my newest Strat I'm gonna send it out to get done by a pro....it takes a while to do right.

5. Straten

Straten Member

I have played on a YJM signature strat before thats about it. i have thought about doing it but then i thought about the process of cutting wood out of the instrument and i think it thins out the tone a little bit. but i bet it is nice for the vibrato I'm sure, but i don't think its for me.

6. majick59

majick59 Member

Great chops! You're playing more cleanly than YJM has in decades.