1. The Rules have been updated regarding posting as a business on TGP. Thread with details here: Thread Here
    Dismiss Notice

Fender Silverface circuit help! Fender amp nuts needed

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by NeilYoung Fever, Dec 27, 2009.

1. NeilYoung Fever

NeilYoung Fever Member

Ok so Im leaning towards getting a SF Bandmaster, scoping them out, learning about them. So I stumble on this '68 circuit delima.. read under comments :http://www.ampwares.com/amp.asp?id=18 So apparently the early 68 has the blackface AB763 cicuit, and later 68's have the AC568. What I want to know is, is there any cosmetic difference so I will know which to aviod? I know the 68-69 have the drip-edge, black lines, but does the AC568 cicuited amps have the same look? Id really like to get the AB763.

2. mbratch

mbratch Member

Can't really tell by looking at the outside. If the tube chart says AC568 (assuming they made any AC568 tube charts), then that's what it likely is if nobody's already modified it. If it says AB763, then it could be either, depending upon whether they had more AB763 tube charts to use up before the AC568's were printed. ;)

Either way, though, the AC568 is very easy to change to an AB763 by any half-way decent tech. You'd probably want to get the bias and filter caps checked by a tech anyway, so I wouldn't be too worried about it.

3. Morgan24

Morgan24 Member

Dont worry about the circuit. Go for the sound. All silverface non master volume are great amps and they all sound different, so try and find a good one. Changing silverface circuit in a Super, Vibrolux or Pro Reverb to AB763 are very easy so it is more important you find a good sounding one.

4. NeilYoung Fever

NeilYoung Fever Member

Yeah but chances are ill be buying online bc theres none around my ol kentucky home