• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Fender/Squier Necks

SupDude

So right now on my custom fat strat (I bought the parts and put it together), I have a Floyd Rose. I do not use the FR because a) they sent me the wrong size trem bar twice and b) it doesn't suit my playing right now

Also the locking nut on my neck is way too high and needs to be rerouted to bring it down low enough. Obviously this is a quite a process. My friend has an old Squier neck that I was thinking about trying on there. Now it will have a normal nut, which is fine since I'm not utilizing the FR.

Will this work? I have heard that Squier necks differ from Fender necks. Are they that different?

thanks!

benjammin420

the width and length of the pocket, and width and length of the neck (where it would connect with the body). Also want to be sure the screw holes line up

Mike9

Silver Supporting Member
Nothing wrong with Squier necks that a little fret and nut work won't cure. Oh and some of them need tuners too.

Trending Topics