fender strap locks

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by spyrotheleo, Feb 7, 2012.

1. spyrotheleo

spyrotheleo Member

2. jnepo1

jnepo1 Silver Supporting Member

I have a set on a guitar. It's made by Schaller w/ Fender stamped on them. Schaller also makes tuners w/ Fender logos. No issues, quality is exactly the same. I have both Schaller and Fender stamped straplocks.

3. Jesus freak

Jesus freak Supporting Member

Thats a good price too!

4. walkers

walkers Member

+1

Exactly the same as Schaller's as far as I can tell, mine came from MF...

5. snouter

snouter Member

I got a bunch of those Shallers but I am converting back to the Dunlop Straplocks. Shaller screws come loose, fall off and can't easily be found. That happens in real life action. Dunlops do not do that. Dunlops require drilling though which might require removal of a neck of the guitar or bass, depending on the drill tool.

6. spyrotheleo

spyrotheleo Member

I just ordered a set, I'm just hoping these fender ones and my schallers are compatible with each other

7. walkers

walkers Member

They are...my strap is loaded with schallers and I put the Fender's on my new tele - perfect fit.

As far as the nut coming off the schaller, use a dab of non-permanent loctite...they won't budge until you need them to.

8. matthornet

matthornet Member

Mine doesn't have any Fender stamp on them except the packaging. Just like any other Schaller. But mine says "Made in W.Germany", not sure if that's common but my friend's set plainly says "Made in Germany" instead. Anyway it fits on any Schaller buttons.

9. BadMelonFarmer

BadMelonFarmer Member

Sounds like yours were made before German reunification in the early 90's. Before that there was East Germany and West Germany.

10. spyrotheleo

spyrotheleo Member

Just a heads up to anyone looking at these, they are identical to Schafer strap locks, but don't include the extra long screws, but you can always just use the screws already on your guitar