Sold Fender Strat 7-String, Masterbuilt Parts

Discussion in 'Guitar Emporium Archive' started by cardinal, Apr 23, 2016.

1. cardinal

cardinal Supporting Member

Brief & Accurate Description of gear/guitar: See below, it's a long story
    Modifications (if any): see below
    Accessories (hardshell case etc): I can ship it in a case
    Location (City,State or City,Country): Northern Virginia
    International OK? : yes, but you'll have to tell me exactly how to ship it and pay for all of the costs
    Contact Info (No Phone #s): pm here
    References (eBay or other forum userid): z28sjor on eBay, cardinal here, sevenstring.org, and Rig-Talk
    Price (include currency and if firm/obo): $3000

Ok, this is painful, but I just don't need all of these guitars around, so I'll put this out there.

Neck: quartersawn maple with an ebony board. Masterbuilt by Jason Davis in the Fender Custom Shop
    Body: two-piece alder from Musikraft
    Bridge: Fender Custom Shop (like the locking American Deluxe trem)
    Electronics: Lollar Dirty Blonde set with CTS pots

The neck is straight, plenty of room to adjust the rod, and the action can be slammed down low. When I first got the neck, it was back bowed. Brian Howard (@BHoward) pulled the frets, leveled the board, put in a compound 10-16" radius, and refretted. Simply amazing.

The bridge is set as dive only. To float it, you'll need to route in front of the block to allow it to pitch forward during a pull up.

The guitar rips and sustains amazingly well. Truly an amazing guitar.

Fender never has built a true 7-string Strat. They've made some guitars in connection with Alex Gregory, but those have 24 frets and folks want $10k for them. Squier made some, but they are nothing like this.

I'm happy to answer any questions.

Pictures:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. cardinal

cardinal Supporting Member