Fender Strat Decal Sought

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by guitarman1956, Feb 18, 2008.

1. guitarman1956

guitarman1956 Supporting Member

Hello: I just bought a '70s large headstock neck. Now, I need a decal. This is going on my Fender 97 Lonestar. Anyone have one or know where I can get one?

thanks

2. Lawn Jockey

Lawn Jockey Member

3. digthosetubes

digthosetubes Senior Member

:rolleyes:

4. paintguy

paintguy Long Hair Hippy Freak Silver Supporting Member

5. JUSTJOB

JUSTJOB Member

Yeah, Go to your local Fender dealer with your guitar and if everthing is legit then they will put the appropriate decal on it for you.
    Best Regards!

6. jpage

jpage Member

Really? Not my experience.

7. JUSTJOB

JUSTJOB Member

If you have a genuine Fender guitar, and the label is damaged, or has fallen off, then Fender will replace it. Take it to a dealer, they will photograph the guitar and serial number, submit it to Fender. You need to supply serial number and photograph to verify the request is legit and not for a parts-o-caster. Fender will issue decal free of charge, although the dealer may charge you to install it. That is, if you have an authentic legit Fender.
    I am sorry that you had a bad experience, but that is the way it works. ;^)
    Best regards!

8. pickaguitar

pickaguitar 2011 TGP Silver Medalist Silver Supporting Member

9. jpage

jpage Member

Nah, no bad experiences here--I just had a CS CC years ago that I could have used that service with. Of course, the dealer probably would have charged me about the same $$ that I ended up spending on a waterslide (probably illegal) off of this board (years ago).

I also have put (I'm sure illegal) waterslide decals on parts o casters but I'm taking from your tone that you don't approve, which is fine. IMO, as long as folks are always up front with what they do if and when they resell, it's not a big deal. Of course that's just IMO. What is scary are the places on the internet that sell "antiqued" electronics for strats--now who on earth is going to buy that except for dirtbags looking to scam someone??:confused:

10. John C

John C Supporting Member

I'm not sure if the OP has a Fender large headstock neck or an aftermarket large headstock neck. Either way, it would be a parts-o-caster since the Lone Star came from Fender with a small headstock neck.

11. Monroe

Monroe Guest

Looks like Fender put the hammer down on vintagemojo.com, and that was a great source.