Fender Strat-O-Sonic

gururyan

Member
Messages
4,853


Anybody play one? Have clips of one?
I don't know of any shops around that have one for me to try out and the description of it really gets me excited.
 

gururyan

Member
Messages
4,853
I'd like to try the Tele too!

I have got to find one of these soon, I never really noticed them before the other night...flipping through the Fender catalog on the pot.

:rolleyes:
 

AaeCee

Silver Supporting Member
Messages
18,278
The older models are even cooler. They came with Gretsch style TV Jones/Filtertron style pups. That's what I'm talkin about. Anyone have one? Post pics!
 

Zane

Member
Messages
1,273
I bought one fom GC....sounded purty good...but....the neck was the thinnist neck I've ever felt ...couldn't hang ....took it back the next day!
 

dzeitlin

Member
Messages
1,436
I've owned both. The Strat-o-sonic was pretty cool. The neck was thin and narrow, the pickups sounded great. A little thinner than P90s on a set neck mahagony. The Telesonic was a lot harder to warm up to. The pickups were VERY low output. I could have changed them, but the guitar was also pretty heavy, and they are supposedly weight relieved.
 

pfflam

Member
Messages
7,120
Originally posted by AaeCee
The older models are even cooler. They came with Gretsch style TV Jones/Filtertron style pups. That's what I'm talkin about. Anyone have one? Post pics!
WHAT?!?!

That IS what Im talkin bout!!
Here I am struggling to afford a Filtertron for my Tele project . . . I should be casting about for one of these things . . .

yeah I wann a see one too. And how come I've never heard of them before?
 

Probos

Silver Supporting Member
Messages
7,206
Originally posted by dzeitlin
I've owned both. The Strat-o-sonic was pretty cool. The neck was thin and narrow, the pickups sounded great. A little thinner than P90s on a set neck mahagony. The Telesonic was a lot harder to warm up to. The pickups were VERY low output. I could have changed them, but the guitar was also pretty heavy, and they are supposedly weight relieved.
I have one. I agree with you about the pickups, wish they were a little hotter, but the guitar is cool none-the-less. The body's not really weight relieved as much as it's purposely chambered to give it an airey, almost semi-hollow body type of tone. Someone mentioned the neck being too thin, but I like,...I find the neck comfy to play on.

I'm having the original wrap around bridge replaced with one that has individual saddles. It will help with some of the intonation problems I've had with the guitar. pfflam, I will post some pics later of mine.
 

AaeCee

Silver Supporting Member
Messages
18,278
Originally posted by pfflam
WHAT?!?!

That IS what Im talkin bout!!
Here I am struggling to afford a Filtertron for my Tele project . . . I should be casting about for one of these things . . .

yeah I wann a see one too. And how come I've never heard of them before?
They made them in the late 90s or early 00s. They show up occasionally, but you gotta keep looking. I've even seen one in my local GCs used stock. I recently let one get away that I found on the web...regret that. Just like anything, you see them when you don't care; when you're gassin for one, you can't find it! Stay vigilant and patient. You'll eventually see one. Good luck! AC
 

pfflam

Member
Messages
7,120
I will . . . but I can't afford squat right now . . . spending too much as it is on a partscaster and assorted tid bits . . . .
 

the_Chris

It's All Been Done Before
Silver Supporting Member
Messages
3,544
Figured I'd add to the G.A.S. a little bit :D

Remember guys, the Fender Tele-Sonic is garbage. They are horrible horrible guitars that you NEED to stay away from. In fact, if you DO happen to see one, send me an e-mail and let me know so that I can properly "dispose" of them ;)

 




Trending Topics

Top