1. A proposal is now up as a poll to change the guidelines of TGP to only allow member self-deleting of post/threads for up to thirty days of the original posting it. We are now watching the poll here. Click here to view the thread.

Dismiss Notice

Fender Super Bassman (Bassman 100) w/ 2x15 cab. Any good?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by wyattt, May 15, 2011.

1. wyattt

wyattt Member

I have my Pearl Masters Maple drums up on my local craigslist for sale or trrade. I got a guy who has a mint condition 69 or 70 Fender Super-Bassman (the 100 watt version) he wants to trade. I read up on silverface bassmans and other sf amps, and cannot find much on the super bassman or bassman 100. All I see is that the 50 watt versions are nicer because of break up.

I currently rock a Metro JTM 45 w/ UK Greenbacks, and this one does have me intrigued. I am an indie rock guy (clean mild clean, and medium drive), and I use a TS 808 clone, a FDII, and some delays. The guy said the circuit is similar to a SF twin, or Dual Showman (one I know nothing about). I saw that this band I enjoy (Explosions in the sky) uses a Dual showman with the 2x15 cab and it sounds sweet.

So anyone have experience with these and any input on how they sound, etc.. I was shoping that I could sell the drums and either get an 18 watter, Tweed Twin Clone, or something vintage. I don't want to get stuck with something that I can't sell if I decide on something else. It's also a little larger than I have been using the past few years. Would it sound similar to this Dual Showman seen here (Explosions on ACL about 30 minutes in) http://video.pbs.org/video/1350228767/?