• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Fender Supersonic

skydawg

Any fans?I've got the combo that i use around the house,not a bad amp really.I don't hear too much buzz about it anymore.You think fender is going to keep making them?

jimmyohio75

I gigged with a Supersonic for a little over 4 months. I liked it a lot. My only issue was trying to achieve a nice balance between the two clean tones. The Vibrolux side was a bit too bright and the Bassman side a bit too dull, lacking the Fender sparkle. I actually really liked the gain channel. In fact our band recorded our entire CD with it. Here's how it sounded in the studio:
www.myspace.com/hawkinshill

I have since moved on to a '59 Bassman LTD. With the ability to jumper the channels I now have the perfect blend of "bright" and "normal" when playing clean. For dirt I use a Crunch Box. All in all this rig works great when live. The only issue is at gigs where I am mic'd. It is difficult to get the 50 watts to reach the sweet spot. I am anxiously awaiting the new Egnater Rebel 30 in hopes that it will become my new gigging amp at clubs that insist on mic'ing me. I will continue to use the Bassman for larger gigs. I love that amp!!

rockon1

Platinum Supporting Member
I dug mine. I kind of wish I kept it! Might want to try a nice NOS 12AU7 in the V2. They are cheap enough. It will reduce the volume of the clean channels so they arent super loud by 1 on the knob. Bob

rockon1

Platinum Supporting Member
I
It's cheaply built, uses a tone of tubes, and doesn't have enough low end. I woudln't trust it enough to gig with, even though I had one for 3 months without any problems. It's just cheaply made.

I thought the build quality was fine. What did you find built poorly? Im not sure what you meant by this either? -"uses a tone of tubes" Bob

skydawg

personally i find it the overdrive channel sounds better with humbuckers,but for cleans single coil's and hums sound equally good.this amp has gotten a bit of a bad rap but with a little tweaking i think it's a half way decent amp.:dunno

ungarn

Just got a used one...really lots of fun to play...

I REALLY like the Vibrolux clean paired with my Small Stone phaser, just by itself not so much.

The Bassman clean is a great tone, for a 1x12 it sounds convincing, but of course not the same as a real 4x10 Bassman amp. This channel takes dirt pedals pretty well too.

The Burn channel has a really good, dirty, tone. It is not exactly a broken up TWEED tone, and not exactly the bark of a MARSHALL (like a Rivera or other combo would provide)...somewhere in between.

Yes, there is a volume difference when switching between the Vibrolux and Bassman...not a huge issue, but annoys the hell out of some.

The reverb is decent/good...not the best Fender has offered but still nice.

The switchable effects loop is an AWESOME feature. If you install a jumper (patch cord) and turn up the send and return levels it functions as a handy volume/clean boost. If you reduce the levels it has a similar effect as an attenuator...good tones at less volume. That lone Vintage 30 speaker can get plenty LOUD!

blueslover

Silver Supporting Member
I liked the overdrive channel. The Bassman channel was ok but not as good as a real Bassman of course, the Vibrolux channel stunk. I wish Fender made a pedal to give you that overdrive because the amp kind of sucks beyond that.

It's cheaply built, uses a tone of tubes, and doesn't have enough low end. I woudln't trust it enough to gig with, even though I had one for 3 months without any problems. It's just cheaply made.

Back to the overdrive, oh my God! I love it. Like I said, if someone could box that overdrive up and put it into a pedal, I would buy it.

My opinion is if you like the sound, buy it. Don't pay more than $800 in mint condition or more than $900 new. They can be had all day on Ebay at those prices.

This claim is very untrue. It is a "pro-tube" series amp. It's built with the same specs as the vintage reissues...meaning the tubes are chassis mounted. A very reliable design. And the cabinet is pine. These amps are built like tanks.

I changed my pre-amp tubes to rca and tung sols, and my power tubes to GE NOS replicas (the groove tubes) and it gets cleans like a twin and takes pedals better. I get seriously sick cleans out of this amp...

Trending Topics