• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Fender Tele defect. Has anyone seen something like this before?

rich2k4

one of the inlays (7th fret) is abalone while the rest are black. This is a 2006 tele. Is this something special they did for the 60th anniversary? I'm not sure why anyone would do this on their own. Seems like a factory defect?

rich2k4

I "bought" it but haven't paid for it yet, and will be backing out. I was very excited to finally own this guitar because I have been looking for a while, but this ruins the entire look for me.

ELmiguel

I have a 2002 that has a problem on that same inlay. The inlay must not have been flush with the top of the neck when they sprayed it. It looks like the varnish is lifted up on one side, making it look like a yin/yang symbol. It's like half of the circle is milky.
I really like my guitar and it doesn't bother me so I'm keeping mine.

Ricardo P

I "bought" it but haven't paid for it yet, and will be backing out. I was very excited to finally own this guitar because I have been looking for a while, but this ruins the entire look for me.
Really? Looks kind of cool to me

I would keep it it sounds and plays good... Actually the abalone dot would be a plus

marktweedy

In Transit®
I would think a decent guitar repair guy could replace the marker, without too much fuss. Worth asking the question if you otherwise like the guitar.

Stratburst70

Yeah, it's kinda strange but I wouldn't consider it a deal-breaker. Methinks the original fell out and somebody replaced it with what was on hand.

If the guitar plays and sounds exactly like you want, I wouldn't worry about it.

TattooedCarrot

Silver Supporting Member
The OCD in me empathizes with you. It would bug me too, for no significantly justifiable reason other than it just would.

straycat113

Kind of odd but if it plays and sounds great and was part of some 60th anniversary doo-dad would you be stating what a killer 60th Tele you just scored?
Honestly I am picky and have my share of gear OCD, but if it is a good axe it wouldn't bother me in the least.

cap10kirk

That wouldn't be enough to keep me from buying, as long as it played and sounded good. The inlay can be changed if it really bothers you, but you like the guitar otherwise.

Trending Topics