1. The Gear Page is run by musicians for musicians. We listen, we learn and if we misstep we are not afraid to do the right thing. We proposed some changes to the Emporiums. Based on feedback from members, we have decided to not go ahead with those changes. However, it has also highlighted that we need some community input into what is working and what is not working for members here. Primarily focused on the Emporiums, we'd like input on your thoughts about TGP and how things work in the Emporiums for you and how you'd improve them. The discussion thread on the is here!

Dismiss Notice

Fender time, warts and all!

Discussion in 'Member Video and Sound Clips' started by ultrevex, Jun 5, 2006.

1. ultrevex

ultrevex Member

Here's a quick little clip I recorded this afternoon, more as a test of some new hardware I got for my laptop than anything else. Ash/maple strat on left- deluxe Reverb- SM57 Beta mic-decent mic pre- firewire converter-laptop running 'Reamer' freeware multitrack software. Ash/maple tele- Vox comes in on right towards end. Cool little vibe, plenty of clams!

http://www.soundclick.com/util/getplayer.m3u?id=4030270&q=hi

2. journo

journo Member

Hi,

Sounded very nice. Very Fenderish.

What mic pre and fire wire converter did you use?

Cheers,

Mats N

3. ultrevex

ultrevex Member

It was an older 2 channel pre I've had for some time, Studio Technologies 'Mic PreEminence'. Simple, clean, no frills kind of solid state rack mount piece. The converter was a $79 Behringer 2 channel FCA202 that I just got, pretty impressive so far. I used to do a lot of fairly elaborate home studio work, first on ADAT's and then on a PC DAW. This is my first attempt at setting up a very simple, stripped down recording rig using my laptop and so far it's working out well.

4. journo

journo Member

Hi,

Thanks for the info!
    A good mic pre can make all the difference.

Cheers,

Mats N

5. Rid

Rid Senior Member

Sweet sound!
    Lovely highs and a very nice twang.