Fender TL52-SPL Telecaster MIJ

marcoluz

Today I just tried a superb telecaster, ash body, vintage frets wih a hambucker on the neck. My guess of the model is a Fender TL52-SPL Telecaster MIJ.
Normally I don´t really like MIJ or MIM, they aer ok but it is not that high end I am looking for... but this one really impressed me, because it has a great amount of sustain! Also I am not really a huge fan of humbuckers but it provided a really deep bottom end to the sound and specially the middle position is a very balanced one.
Tuning is fine, it has a chunky C neck profile, altough I prefer soft V ones. Cost: 700 Euros. Should I should get it or not?

Fender-Blonde-1952-Ri-Micawber-Telecaster-Ash-Fujigen.jpg

antenna

My MIJ Tele is better than my USA Strat. Perfect fretwork and not a flaw on it. In fact I've just ordered another.

I say yes ;)

marcoluz

Well, just wanted to update this post with some feedback about it.
So I have got the Tele for a day at home, the owner of the store is a very nice guy and told me to bring the guitar home to try it with my set and seeif I really like it, instead of spending this money and then find out that it wasn't really what I was looking for.
So here goes the report:
The Tele plays wonderfully, it very well build by Japanese Fender, it is so well build that I could even say that it is way better then a MIA Tele I´ve owned in the past. Everything is perfect, all the details, it is very comfortable and it has an incredible sustain. But I am not going to keep it. Why? Well, it is going to be hard to explain but I cant feel a connection between me and the guitar... it doesn´t sing for me or with me, and because of that I am not going to keep it.
But I want to congrats the Japonese team for this one, very nice tele!

Trending Topics