• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Fender Toronado

DrOctagon

This guy has one up on craigslist and I'm wondering what would be a good price to pay for this guitar. Pretty sure it's a MIM model, one of the later ones, but I'm mainly saying that based on the pickguard. It needs a little electrical work done but I would be planning on swapping out the electronics anyway and probably the pickups too. Anyone have any experience with these guitars and/or have an idea how much I should pay for this thing?

K-Line

Vendor
Make sure it intonates properly. A friend of mine had one that I worked on a few years back. There was not enough travel in the saddles to get it to properly intonate. I had to move the bridge.

soulohio

wow...a post on a Fender Toronado!

I bought one of the first year models...a nice sunburst. about 3 years later the neck got replaced for free from Fender...it had a terrible bow. The new neck wasn't quite the same but it was OK. I replaced the fender pickups...the Atomic II's...which were quite adequate. The GHS pickups I swapped were not my thing...

anyhow, the guitar is cool but it is definately not a les paul. I traded the guitar for a Guild acoustic.

jackbart1960

I don't know about the MIM one's but this "American Special Deluxe" is an awesome instrument. I did swap out the Fender P90's for a Duncan Vintage/Hot set just for a little more rudeness.:rockin

Peace. J.J.B.

Trending Topics