Fender tube chart question

Discussion in 'Amps/Cabs Tech Corner: Amplifier, Cab & Speakers' started by Rick1114, Jan 17, 2015.

1. Rick1114

Rick1114 Member

I have a 66 BF Vibrochamp that is in great condition. However the all important tube chart is peeling off somewhat. Is there a correct way to paste this back down or to protect it?

Thanks Rick

2. slider313

slider313 Silver Supporting Member

Elmer's glue works. Put some on a Q-Tip and apply it on the wall of the cabinet behind the parts of the chart that are peeling.

3. KissTone

KissTone Supporting Member

What I've used on old amps is somewhat similar to the simple technique originally used when the label was installed....

Dilute white glue (like Elmers school glue) with water. (some warm water and a healthy squirt of glue stirred together so that it's soupy.)

Then use a small paint brush (longer bristles work better than stubby detail bristles) and dab some glue solution behind any lifting edges, then press into place. I'll smooth it out with wax paper so I don't accidentally tear the label if the glue sticks to my skin. Or I'll roll over it with a wallpaper seam roller.

Then, and this is optional but similar to the original technique, lightly brush over the top of the entire label with the glue solution.

Back then, as I understand it, they would slap a little solution in the cab, put down the label, then slap some glue solution over it. Done in seconds.