1. The Gear Page is run by musicians for musicians. We listen, we learn and if we misstep we are not afraid to do the right thing. We proposed some changes to the Emporiums. Based on feedback from members, we have decided to not go ahead with those changes. However, it has also highlighted that we need some community input into what is working and what is not working for members here. Primarily focused on the Emporiums, we'd like input on your thoughts about TGP and how things work in the Emporiums for you and how you'd improve them. The discussion thread on the is here!

Dismiss Notice

fender tube reverb (clone or reissue) OR Vanamps Solemate

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by adamg, Feb 6, 2012.

1. adamg

adamg Member

If you wanted a spring reverb would you go for a Fender style tube reverb OR the Vanamps Solemate real spring reverb pedal.

Trying to decide and do not have the opportunity to try the Vanamps unit. I like the small pedal footprint but have no experience.

Thanks,
    Adam

2. adamg

adamg Member

hey thanks for the suggestion. Kinda looking for "real" spring reverb

3. erksin

erksin Member

Prices have come down quite a bit on the real deal vintage 6G15 tanks - if you want the real thing there really isn't a better time to score one than right now. They seem to be in the $500-$800 range now from what I've seen lately.

That said, you can find a reissue and with a few tube swaps get 90% of the way to a vintage unit.

4. alivegy

alivegy Member

I bought a used soul mate a couple of weeks ago for $150. I absolutely love it. No emulation, just a great spring reverb. I use it both going into the front of a clean jcm800, or the fx loop of my dirty one.