• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

fender twin, deluxe reverb, princeton, same AB763 circuit?

Tonecap

I'm trying to understand the difference between those 3 amps and how they relate to the AB763 circuit. For example, is the deluxe reverb a 22w version of a twin? Princeton, a 14w version? Enlighten me! Thanks

pula58

Gold Supporting Member
The Princeton Reverb is not AB763. It has a different phase inverter, amongst other differences. It's tone stack, though, is the same as the AB763's. It also different tremelo circuit than the AB763 amplifiers.

The Deluxe reverb and twin reverb are closer to each other. But, again there are differences, the deluxe reverb is tube-rectifed, whilest the twin reverb is diode-rectified. The deluxe reverb is brite (it's "brite cap" is always "on" so to speak), the twin has an adjustable mid range, and of course, the twin has 4 6L6 output tubes, much larger transformers, 4ohm output Z, and two speakers.

Last edited:

Tonecap

The Princeton Reverb is not AB763. If has a different phase inverter, amongst other differences. It's tone stack, though, is the same as the AB763's. It also different tremelo circuit than the AB763 amplifiers.

Thanks for the clarification. For some reason I thought it was AB763 but you're right.

smolder

Platinum Supporting Member
IMHO - Amongst the 763 fender amps... the primary tonal differences (barring volume) can be attributed to:

1 speakers
2 transformers

the other differences that effect tone less are (arguably):

power tubes, PI, negative feedback loop, combo vs closed cab

Trending Topics