Fender-type speakers?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by saltydogg, Dec 26, 2009.

1. saltydogg

saltydogg Rock & Roll Enthusiast Gold Supporting Member

Hi All.

All of my speaker cabs have either Greenbacks or speakers loosely based around the greenback or Marshall-type tones.

Well, recently, I picked up an Allen "Old Flame" which is based loosely on a '65 Super Reverb and have been using the speakers mentioned above and the amp sounds great BUT, I got some cash for Christmas that is burning a hole in my pocket. So I'm thinking about picking up a pair of Fender-type speakers (12" 16ohm) for a 2x12 cab.

Here is what I've been looking at:
    Weber: 12F125A (30W); 12F150A (50W); 12F150 (50W); 12F125 (30W)
    Eminence: 'Lil Texas 16; Texas Heat 16; Legend 1258
    Celestion: Blue; Gold

I'm looking for the 'ol Fender Fat, Warm, Clean Fender type tones. Nothing jangly.

Can you Fender guys lend some 'hands-on' experience with any of these speakers?

Thank you all.

2. soundchaser59

soundchaser59 Supporting Member

I guess you wont know what you're missin...... since Tone Tubby is not on your list.

I cant believe the stranglehold that Eminence and Celestion have on the guitar speaker bug in us tone questers.... unless I consider the fact that price is the driving consideration for so many of us.

3. saltydogg

saltydogg Rock & Roll Enthusiast Gold Supporting Member

Actually, I have a Tone Tubby in my '68 SFDR which I'm happy with and I'm happy with my Celestion G12H's as well as the Emi Rajun Canjuns's I had.

Three great speaker manufacturers, but dollars-to-donuts the Celestions and Eminence are good enough for me.