Fender, uh, mistake?

xmd5a

Maybe when you guys get serious about quality, you can upgrade to a Squier By Fender. Look how nice and not jacked up these decals are laid. Oozing with consistency. Admire how the maker's logo, and the the designation of the guitar, sit symmetrically in their figured maple nooks, as though sixty nine years worth of since discarded prototypes have finally arrived at this apex of head stock refinement.

Last edited:

MikeMcK

Silver Supporting Member
As someone said, either way there's a story. Half of me wants to say "fake" but it would seem like a lot of work to fake something with a small niche in the market. Looks like the decal was not placed exactly like the one at Wild West, but would someone really go to the trouble of sanding and finishing what had to be a pretty minor ding?

FWIW there's one on Reverb for $1,575, so $325 less... and it comes with all the letters.

DRS

My guess?
Partscaster
The decal was applied by an amateur to an aftermarket neck.
I have never seen a Fender with a completely screwed up decal.
Here's another pic of a real one.

supergenius365

Supporting Member
The guy who used to repair my guitars told me about a Custom Shop bass that he simply could not intonate. The saddles could not go back any further. He took the bridge off to find a sizeable gouge in the wood. He put the bridge back on and measured the scale length. He realized that the bridge had been installed closer to the neck to cover the gouge in the wood. So much for QC on that one.

MaxTwang

It's a Fender Parallel Universe Telecaster Thinline Super Deluxe with TV Jones Classics, from 2018 (limited run) made in America. A year or 2 before the orange there were similar white and black Thinline Tele's with Filtertrons (i.e. White Falcon Telecaster and Black Falcon Telecaster). Original MAP Was $1,999.

Cast tuners are original.

Really nice guitar, sounds great and plays like butter.

Last edited:

Yuro

I'm thinking this was done at the factory. Dented, then sanded and finished...and sent to the next station...where the decal was applied...and didn't fit.

Or maybe a luthier did it...It's pretty good work. If it plays OK otherwise, I'd make an offer.

I wouldn't pay $1850 for this guitar though.

Trending Topics