Fender Vibrato in a pedal (hopefully TB)

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by dirtytony, Dec 24, 2009.

1. dirtytony

dirtytony Member

thanks for your help guys!!
    Ive done some searches but hadnt seen many opinions about

2. mondo500

mondo500 Member

Hard to know precisely what you mean by this, but I can vouch for the Fuchs Plush Creme de la Trem as a great Brownface-style tremolo unit. That's what it was designed to be, as far as I know. It's quite a subtle effect, but it does its one thing so well that I've kept it despite having other tremolo units that are more versatile — and I'm not a tremolo junkie!

3. wingwalker

wingwalker Fuzzy Guitars

What do you really want???

There is the brownface era pitch shifting vibrato...the brownface era bias modulation tremolo that fender called Vibrato...there is the Blackface era opto tremolo that Fender also called Vibrato...

4. dirtytony

dirtytony Member

you are right guys, Im sorry for being so slow...
    I always found my '70 VibroChamp to have a wonderful vibrato, sincerely I dont know technically how that is achieved, however I use it only for covering "Rumble" (love Link) so everything in that ballpark will be perfect, my problem is that most are based on chorus/flanging type sounds (boss etc) and while these pedals sound good I didnt like 'em for my purposes

PS : merry xmas to everyone and their families :)

5. Philly Fuzz

Philly Fuzz Supporting Member

The Boss tremolo (TR-2) is not based on chorus/flange. You may be confusing "vibrato" with "tremolo" -- when a Fender amp says "vibrato" it typically means "tremolo." The Boss Vibrato pedal (VB-2) is a pitch shifting effect, not the same thing as what's on Fender amps. For Link Wray you want a TREMOLO pedal.

It's a bit confusing admittedly... :crazy

6. dirtytony

dirtytony Member

thanks for clarification now Im understanding more.. I had a boss vibrato pedal once but I hear more organic sounds in Rumble

7. B_of_H

B_of_H Member

i'm not sure how it stacks up head to head but I love my byoc tremolo. I also have the general guitar gadgets version which doesn't quite have the chime of the byoc.

8. dirtytony

dirtytony Member

thanks I'll defintely look into that... I was listening to Diamond and Empress pedals.. both VERY good but a bit pricey IMHO for a tremolo...

oh, and what about the Lovepedal Babyface Tremolo ??

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 25, 2009
  9. wingwalker

wingwalker Fuzzy Guitars

Vibro Champs are bias mod...not many (maybe not any!) pedals really nail that sound but the Swamp Thang gets pretty close, it's basedont he Diaz Tremadillo so that an option. The Boss TR-2 is decent, it's actually closer to a bigger Fender IMO like a Deluxe Reverb but would get you close and the old Boss PN-2 is a cool option as well.

10. dirtytony

dirtytony Member

thanks could you please tell me about VibroChamps ?? I mean : IVe tried changing the original RCA 12AX7A with different 12AX7 (NOS RFT/Siemens, high gain chinese, TungSol reissue, TADs etc) but no one make the vibrato work only the old RCA ones.... Im constantly asking why...