Fender "Yosemite" Pickups...who has tried them?

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by 2HBStrat, Apr 13, 2019.

1. mmmaslowski

mmmaslowski Member

Hey,

Short & sweet: I got mine SS variant with RW neck last week. The pickups sound truly fantastic to my ears. I will also add that the neck is phenomenal - I've never played an instrument with more comfortable neck, but I digress. The sole reason that the American Performers series caught my eye (or ear, for that matter) months ago was the tone straight from those pups. I love them!

Cheers!

2. The Interceptor

The Interceptor Member

I picked up an American Performer Strat with HSS configuration a few days ago. I'm admittedly not a Fender expert, but the singles in this one sound stronger than most Fender single coils I have experienced (less "plinky-plonky", to use the technical description). The Double Tap humburgler goes well with the singles and is balanced nicely - very mid focused, and goes well with gain. Overall the guitar is pretty close to being the Swiss Army Knife of tones - much better than when I attempted to convert a SSS in the past - suggesting Fender might know what they're doing.