Fender's classic 'soft V' neck profile (how deep is it?)

saltydogg

Rock & Roll Enthusiast
Platinum Supporting Member
I see this (classic) "soft V" profile is used often on 50's Fender Reissues.

I understand the concept/shape of the "soft V", but any idea how deep these necks tend to be at the 1st Fret, specifically as it relates to the CS 55/56/57 Strats?

TIA!

stevieboy

Clouds yell at me
Gold Supporting Member
I have a CS 57 with the soft V. Measured with my twenty dollar calipers bought at Home Depot, .85" at the first fret, .99" at the 12th fret.

Not sure about this part because I have limited experience, but I believe the neck on the CS 56s tends to be the one they call the 10/56, which I understand is a harder V than mine.

saltydogg

Rock & Roll Enthusiast
Platinum Supporting Member
I have a CS 57 with the soft V. Measured with my twenty dollar calipers bought at Home Depot, .85" at the first fret, .99" at the 12th fret.

Not sure about this part because I have limited experience, but I believe the neck on the CS 56s tends to be the one they call the 10/56, which I understand is a harder V than mine.

Thanks @stevieboy much appreciated.

.85" is a decent depth, but I was hoping for closer to .88-90" at the 1st fret.

dachshund

I briefly had an American Deluxe soft V Neck model from '14 or '15 in fiesta red.

Feel-wise, The neck honestly wasn't much different from a regular C, but something about it was honestly the nicest neck I've ever played on a fender.

I sold the guitar bc it was heavy as all hell but damn I should have kept the neck and parted it out :/

Trending Topics

Top Bottom